Ratings for Dr. Linda MacDonald

Reception is a joke! If you like to be ignored and wait longer then average then maybe not??? Never on time Just does not care about patients or there health Dr MacDonald has no idea what’s going on or even cares to read her own notes to be up to date on the issues at hand. Not helpful and never open to a suggestion I’m sure she’s smart, she’s a doctor but she’s stuck in the past just waiting to retire. Sad we all suffer for it

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Linda....I refuse to call her doctor was my family dr. My whole life. I am 37. I am gled to hear that I am not alone when it comes to complaints but i would offer a note of caution when it comes to doing something linda doesn't like. I have a chronic disease that she failed to recognize until i went to emergency room half dead amd blind...she dumped me as a patient leaving me without a doc, when i found a new doc she charged $120 to transfer my records. A real classy lady a true professional. .....and marina .....unbelievable. why is she able to operate 4 dsys a week and shes open for 6 hours a day i think. ...ridiculous

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

poor staff contact, generally difficult to reach, have to appear in person to book and appointment and still have to wait 3 weeks to see her

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Change front staff for more pleasant and effective service and provide less waiting time for your patients.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

Marina has been out for a few days and the replacement actually answers the phone and I was able to make an appointment. It was wonderful and shows that IT IS POSSIBLE, I'll be mentioning it to Linda when I come in.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2010

to be sure....all the comments are true. I have called Linda's office no less then 45 time. I have stopped in to the office to make an appointment 4 times and then on the fifth visit, when I finally caught in the office, Marina, in her sweetest condescending smile, tells me she cannot make an appointment for me as she has someone waiting for blood work. well, no doubt they have been waiting for some time but I need 30 seconds. That could be a fraction of the time that Marina spends smoozing or gossiping or what ever the heck it is she talks to people about while we wait and the phone rings off the hook. I do not understand whey Linda and Marina think this is ok. Is our time less valuable then theirs? Are we able to complain? No....are you nuts? we can't do that. We need a doctor. So we must take Marina's crap. Personally, it sickens me and i am working on a new doctor.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

Dr. Linda has cared for my family for 15 years and has helped us through some difficult times, but for the last few years, we cannot reach her and cannot get an appointment when we need one so rely on the walk-in clinics. It is impossible to speak to the office. In order to make an appointment, one must physically go to the office. The appointment will be for weeks into the future and as a result the ailment either accelerates and requires a trip to a clinic, or goes away on its own,..but it is also impossible to call to cancel the now unnecessary appointment. The care Dr Linda provides is exceptional but communicating with her office is an exercise in pure futility. Marina's suggestion to this problem with being unable to call, leave a message to cancel an appointment was to contact my MLA? I would think a simple answering machine would be a more efficient tool for both the patient and for her appointment scheduling.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

I agree with most of the comments...Dr is very good,even better when she has time..she is indeed very busy...Nurse is great...very friendly/no criticism there ....the phone problem is just that..a very BIG problem....not only does it ring forever but after several cut offs you will get a busy signal...very annoying indeed.. and one really does have to go to the office to make appointments..thus most of us just go to a clinic....they do need a receptionist for sure..finances are the reasons I have heard around....but other doctors have them so that just makes our frustration levels even more hightened. Hopefully they will 'tweak" this as someone previously stated. But what choice do we have...have you tried getting another doctor to take you or your family...good luck! She is a good doctor and its a shame we are all so frustrated.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2008

Very, Very, Exceedingly hard to get an appointment. I have tried for days at a time to make one by phone and it just rings and rings. You have to go there and make an appointment in person and I don't know what you are supposed to do when that's not possible. You may as well go to a walk-in clinic in that case which defeats the purpose of having a family doctor. Once you get in, Dr. Linda is great.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2008

Can never get an appointment - and ask any of the patients about the elusive appointment book.....

flag | Submitted February 13, 2008