Ratings for Dr. Alywin Rose

Was having asthma attack, waited 2 hrs to see a doctor and unfortunately got him. He said there was nothing he could do that I should get ahold of my specialist. He didn't even listen to my lungs. He appears to be beyond retirement!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Went to the albert park medical clinic regarding a lump I found in my breast. He told me that I should be very concerned and refused to examine me as there was no nurse available. I have gone to this clinic for over 10 years and am well aware that the front staff will assist in physical examinations. There were 5 staff members out front (one of which assisted last time I had a physical). His next excuse was to get a family physican and to have a family physican assess me immediatly. Cannot beleive that my tax dollars go to pay for this!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Told him what was wrong with me. Didn't listen to a word I was saying. Took a swab of my throat and told me to get a family doctor. Not helpful whatsover.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010

He told me he couldnt help me, with general problems. It was a waste of Government money to have to pay. He is rude and miserable and should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

I've seen him a couple of times, not by choice. He doesn't ask questions, doesn't look at visibile symptoms and doesn't let you explain or ask questions. He basically makes his diagnoses without knowing anything and sends you away. I can't believe this guy is a doctor.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

Mr. Rose (To call him a doctor is an insult to doctors generally) is an absolute joke and an embarrassment to the practice of medicine. Recently I went to the clinic he works at with a couple of concerns; a sore on my head that seemed to be infected, and stomach pains. He looked at the sore and said, "Yep, that's a sore... what else ya got?" I explained that I had been having vague pains in the area of my liver, for about ten days,... at which point he rudely cut me off and indignantly exclaimed, "No, that requires blood work. You have to see your family doctor". I explained that I didn't have a family doctor, that I usually saw whomever was available at the walk-in clinics... so he said, "Go to emergency then!" Who walks into a walk-in clinic expecting the doctor who see them to treat nothing but conditions that require no x-ray, blood work or testing of any kind? But, to his credit he does live up to the oath, "Do no harm". He insures that he won't... by doing absolutely nothing.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

I went to our local walk-in clinic for an ear infection. When I saw Dr. Rose, I asked for an antibiotic that I could take with or without food. When I brought his prescription to the adjacent pharmacy, the pharmacist told me that the medication must be taken on an empty stomach. As this was not an option for me, I went back to the walk-in clinic and waited to see Dr. Rose once again. He assured me that I could take the antibiotic that he prescribed with or without food. When I returned to the pharmacist, she informed me that if I took the antibiotic with food, it would be absolutely ineffective. Accordingly, I was required to waste an additional two hours to go to another walk-in clinic on the other side of the city. At least there, I saw a competent doctor who was able to prescribe an antibiotic that I could take with or without food, as requested. If I had taken Dr. Rose at his word, I would have become much sicker.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

I took my 6 year old daughter to see Dr. Rose at the walk-in clinic. She had a painful ear ache that morning followed by fluid coming out of her ear during the day into the evening. Also, the day before, she had a fall and hit her head so we wanted to make sure this wasn't a head injury. Dr. Rose was in the room for approx. 2 minutes, looked in her ear with a light for about 2 seconds and said she had an ear infection. He gave me a prescription for antibiotics and was gone. I was quite upset that he did not exam her thoroughly to rule out a head injury or explain what the problem was so I took her to the Pasqua Hospital Emergency and applaud all the staff there for the thorough and professional job they did. I will never go to this doctor again and will pass my story onto others so they won't waste their time either. I can't believe this doctor is allowed to continue practicing medicine - he is very rude and unprofessional!!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

Went to him for "girl issues" was told he would not examine me - gave me a prescription and told me to go see my family doctor. VERY RUDE - can't beleive he gave me a prescription without an exam. When I did get in to see my family dr. a couple of days later he told me to stop taking that prescription immediately - it was not necessary. Dr. Rose made an already embarrassing situation much more uncomfortable than it needed to be - VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

I dont think this fellow should be practising. I should have gone to emergency, and made an error choosing the clinic. Firstly, I waited an hour when he had no other patients...no reason given. It was painfully obvious, to both myself and my wife, that he didnt care to listen when I mentioned my symptoms, and he was quite gruff. He gave me some pills, and when I asked how they would help, his response made no sense. Then he said I should see another doctor....hmmm, possibly he knew his diagnosis was incorrect. I went home, looked through a medical dictionary, and as I suspected, the pills were not for the problem I had. I cant understand why a clinic would keep someone like this on staff. I'd rate him a zero at best, but ratings dont go that low.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2009