Ratings for Dr. Katherine L. Billingsley

I used tone a patient so this doctor. She misdiagnosed a condition without performing Any tests. I later went to a specialist who diagnosed me with the appropriate tests

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I am sure she has knowledge, but I gave her one star, because she certainly didn't demonstrate it when I went for my initial appointment. She barely auscultated my heart and lungs, and I had to ask her to order a mammo. No breast or any other kind of examination, and I have a history. I filled out my preliminary paperwork in concise detail, but she barely looked at it. Instead, she focused on the computer, barely looking up at me. Poor, poor interaction. Staff was actually very nice, but I can see that they are somewhat afraid of this woman. She is just terrible! She billed my insurance company over $600 for doing very little. She didn't even order labs, or an EKG, and I am 65 years old, and entitled to these tests per Medicare guidelines. I actually went to another doctor who confided to me that Dr. Billingsley really does need to retire. Apparently, she has always been negative and hateful.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I have seen Doctor Billingsley for fifteen years and find her to be caring and knowledgeable. Sometimes she is a bit rushed since Obamacare but she always takes time to listen to my symptoms and never hesitates to order necessary tests but does not order unnecessary tests. She has always been 100% right in her diagnosis. She refers me to a specialist when necessary. She has had several staff and procedural changes since Obamacare and the new staff is not as efficient as the old staff. I would recommend Dr. Billingsley to anyone who wants a good general practitioner.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Billingsley did not take my health concerns seriously. She seemed rushed and there was no doctor and patient CONSULTATION. I could not tell her anything without her cutting me off in uncaring manner. For example, I told her about the pain in my shoulder, she said "Take some Tylenols". I said "I have been taking Tylenols, but they don't seem to be helping me". She rolled her eyes and said "Well, you have chronic arthritis, take some Tylenols...Why do you think you are sick when you are not?" I left her office without getting an answer for my pain. The following week I went to see another doctor only to find out that I had a ruptured tendon in my shoulder. Needless to say Dr. Billingsley is not a "GOOD" doctor you are looking for.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Dr. Billingsley is the worst doctor I have ever been to in my 45 years of life. Diana Oppenbrier, her N.P., is equally bad. They rush you, don't take your concerns seriously, are smug, judgmental and disapproving. I think they work better if you are old and healthy, as they don't seem to relate to anyone, say, under the age of 55. If you are sick, or have chronic issues, as I do, they make it clear in their actions and demeanor that you are an annoyance to them. They practically roll their eyes at you when you start talking, and have the worst bedside manner imaginable. Basic tenets of the Hyppocratic Oath are completely lost on this physician. Because they don't take your health concerns seriously, and are all-knowing, they also don't order the necessary tests. When I finally had enough and switched doctors, i had an answer as to what had been ailing me within 2 weeks, as my new doctor did take my concerns seriously, and ordered a battery of tests. RUN FAST FROM THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

Independent family practice providing excellent cost effective care to all members of the family.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

She is seemed very rushed and extremely un caring. She assumed my sore throat was caused by "mono" after asking me if I was single (I am a 24yr female), even after the test came back negative. Recently, I went to the ER on Thanksgiving for what they called an escalated migrane. I called Dr. Billingsley's office Friday, with no answer, and no recording saying they would be closed. And I called them saturday with the same results. I was running out of my prescribed medicine so I had the oncall nurse page Dr. Billinglsey, when she called I explained my pain, that no OTC medicine has helped, and I would like to know if she could call in a script just to last me until I could come in to see her on Monday. Her answer was, "No, we don't prescribe narcotics on the weekends". Even after I told her how much pain I was in, her response was "I don't know waht you want me to do about it". She is a horrible doctor. Very unsympathetic. Do, yourself a favor, do no choose her!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2010

Dr. Katherine L. Billingsley's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)