You may also like

Rate Dr. Elaine Herer

Dr. Elaine Herer's Ratings

Dr Herrer's great. The secretary is the problem; very inefficient,doesn't return repeated calls promptly, leaves vague messages, seldom seems to answer the line directly, no replies to repeated emails. Don't know why she's kept on as she is very inefficient;manner is pleasant enough but terrible client service with booking appointments etc.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2815343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Although she is very knowledgeable I found the appointments very rushed. She always has one foot out the door and did not always answer my questions thoughly. I tried for a VBAC and was told that my pelvis wAs too small after 24 hours in labour.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2796508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

Dr.Herer was amazing throughout my whole pregnancy, thank you for all your knowledge and compassion! It was a pleasure coming to see both you and your assistant I look forward to baby number 2!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788488].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Dr. Herer is a wonderful OBGYN. Her humour and general laid back and easy nature place her patients at ease and make pregnancy, labour and birth a less intimidating experience. My only complaint is regarding punctuality (over-booking so many patients for the same or similar time); having to wait an hour for a 2-5 minute appointment and pay for Sunnybrook's high parking costs has been a bit discouraging, and not necessarily justifiable at all given that most appointments seem to be non-urgent in nature. I can understand others complaints about the receptionist, as she is quite unprofessional and does not appropriately reflect Dr. Herer's competency or practice. I think perhaps some customer service training would be appropriate, or her superiors having a frank discussion about how she presents (it's not always appropriate to speak to patients like you would speak with your girlfriends). Otherwise, I would definitely trust Dr. Herer again with my prenatal care; however I would also consider the option of midwifery simply for the level of care that would be received vs. that of the mainstream.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2763897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr. Herer is a compassionate, caring, and highly competent doctor. She is warm and friendly which puts patients at ease even when dealing with challenging situations. Would have to agree however with other comments regarding her secretary who unfortunately is truly not a reflection of Dr. Herer or in line with her approach towards her patients. There is a lack of professionalism, the quality of her service is poor and very inconsistent. There are of course some positive experiences but they are outweighed by the negative ones which include among other things: not following up or following through, providing incomplete or inaccurate information, and displaying behaviours that are immature which can leave the impression that she does not take her job seriously and/or is inconsiderate of Dr. Herer's patients. Patients who have dealt with other busy doctors and their office staff no doubt compare and can clearly see the difference which may help explain some of the frustrations coming through in the comments already made.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2735719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Highly recommend Dr. Herer! She is very knowledgeable, has a lovely demeanour and makes you feel comfortable enough to ask any questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Amazing doctor!! And love her secretary very sweet and helpful!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2638901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

I Absolutely Love Dr.Herer and Her Secretary, they have been wonderful throughout my whole pregnancy. Both have been extremely pleasant and patient with me throughout every appointment, never had a problem her great secretary!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2634248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

The receptionist is truly HORRIBLE. She makes me question my confidence in Dr Herer, even though Dr. Herer has seen me through two wonderful pregnancies and one surgery. If I were to get pregnant again, I would switch doctors because of this secretary. She lacks professionalism, compassion, empathy and she always looks like a MESS. She's a terrible representation of Dr Herer.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2631547].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

Dr. Herer is not only an excellent doctor, but she is a warm, funny and compassionate human being. She delivered my baby via c-section and I couldn't ask for a better experience beginning to end of my pregnancy. I was in the hospital for 3 days and Dr. Herer came to visit me every day and made my recovery that much better. In regards to her receptionist, I had no issues with her and I've never heard her be rude to anyone. Overall, Dr. Herer and staff at Sunnybrook are fantastic!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2566845].votes_count ]]