Ratings for Dr. Elaine Herer

I saw Dr. Herer several times for a specific issue. I found her at all times warm, compassionate, knowledgeable, and helpful. I would go back to her in a heartbeat, were in the market for an OBGYN.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I didn't even notice when she inserted the IUD I was like it's done ??? Although with other Drs I did feel the pain when they inserted the IUD .She is an amazing Dr . Very very nice . I highly recommend Dr Herer .

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I am a new mom, and I am a patient of Dr. Herer, does she give out her cell number? As I have been trying to get in contact with office but have had no success. I would like to ask but feel like it is a little out of place to do so, so I thought i'd ask here. Thanks!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

An outstanding Doctor, brilliant, intelligent, incredibly helpful and supportive. Delivered my babies and helped me work through some menopause issues. So understanding, made me feel comfortable. I am so very lucky and grateful to have her as my Doctor. She is one in a million. Most Sincere thanks, G.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Dr Herrer's great. The secretary is the problem; very inefficient,doesn't return repeated calls promptly, leaves vague messages, seldom seems to answer the line directly, no replies to repeated emails. Don't know why she's kept on as she is very inefficient;manner is pleasant enough but terrible client service with booking appointments etc.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Although she is very knowledgeable I found the appointments very rushed. She always has one foot out the door and did not always answer my questions thoughly. I tried for a VBAC and was told that my pelvis wAs too small after 24 hours in labour.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

Dr.Herer was amazing throughout my whole pregnancy, thank you for all your knowledge and compassion! It was a pleasure coming to see both you and your assistant I look forward to baby number 2!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Herer is a wonderful OBGYN. Her humour and general laid back and easy nature place her patients at ease and make pregnancy, labour and birth a less intimidating experience. My only complaint is regarding punctuality (over-booking so many patients for the same or similar time); having to wait an hour for a 2-5 minute appointment and pay for Sunnybrook's high parking costs has been a bit discouraging, and not necessarily justifiable at all given that most appointments seem to be non-urgent in nature. I can understand others complaints about the receptionist, as she is quite unprofessional and does not appropriately reflect Dr. Herer's competency or practice. I think perhaps some customer service training would be appropriate, or her superiors having a frank discussion about how she presents (it's not always appropriate to speak to patients like you would speak with your girlfriends). Otherwise, I would definitely trust Dr. Herer again with my prenatal care; however I would also consider the option of midwifery simply for the level of care that would be received vs. that of the mainstream.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr. Herer is a compassionate, caring, and highly competent doctor. She is warm and friendly which puts patients at ease even when dealing with challenging situations. Would have to agree however with other comments regarding her secretary who unfortunately is truly not a reflection of Dr. Herer or in line with her approach towards her patients. There is a lack of professionalism, the quality of her service is poor and very inconsistent. There are of course some positive experiences but they are outweighed by the negative ones which include among other things: not following up or following through, providing incomplete or inaccurate information, and displaying behaviours that are immature which can leave the impression that she does not take her job seriously and/or is inconsiderate of Dr. Herer's patients. Patients who have dealt with other busy doctors and their office staff no doubt compare and can clearly see the difference which may help explain some of the frustrations coming through in the comments already made.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr. Elaine Herer's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Herer several times for a specific issue. I found her at all times warm, compassionate, knowledgeable, and helpful. I would go back to her in a heartb..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I didn't even notice when she inserted the IUD I was like it's done ??? Although with other Drs I did feel the pain when they inserted the IUD .She is an amazin..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I am a new mom, and I am a patient of Dr. Herer, does she give out her cell number? As I have been trying to get in contact with office but have had no success...."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "An outstanding Doctor, brilliant, intelligent, incredibly helpful and supportive. Delivered my babies and helped me work through some menopause issues. So unde..."

November 13, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M5S 3A2". Address has been updated from "None" to "Toronto".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr Herrer's great. The secretary is the problem; very inefficient,doesn't return repeated calls promptly, leaves vague messages, seldom seems to answer the line..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Although she is very knowledgeable I found the appointments very rushed. She always has one foot out the door and did not always answer my questions thoughly. I..."

May 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Herer was amazing throughout my whole pregnancy, thank you for all your knowledge and compassion! It was a pleasure coming to see both you and your assistant..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Herer is a wonderful OBGYN. Her humour and general laid back and easy nature place her patients at ease and make pregnancy, labour and birth a less intimida..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Herer is a compassionate, caring, and highly competent doctor. She is warm and friendly which puts patients at ease even when dealing with challenging sit..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Highly recommend Dr. Herer! She is very knowledgeable, has a lovely demeanour and makes you feel comfortable enough to ask any questions."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor!! And love her secretary very sweet and helpful!"

December 1, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I Absolutely Love Dr.Herer and Her Secretary, they have been wonderful throughout my whole pregnancy. Both have been extremely pleasant and patient with me thro..."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "The receptionist is truly HORRIBLE. She makes me question my confidence in Dr Herer, even though Dr. Herer has seen me through two wonderful pregnancies and one..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Herer is not only an excellent doctor, but she is a warm, funny and compassionate human being. She delivered my baby via c-section and I couldn't ask for a ..."

October 6, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Herer for the first time and was very happy with my overall experience. Her receptionist was pleasant and professional with me. I found her to be engag..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "What is the point of being a great doctor if your patients can't get in to see you?! I agree with all the commenters here about Dr. Herer's receptionist - she i..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Herer is great but like many posts on here, her receptionist HAS TO GO!! she's the worst! She makes me not want to go in. I can't believe such a wonderful d..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Herer has been my obgyn for nearly 10 Yeats and cared for me and both my daughters through both high risk pregnancies. Further, she delivered both girls as..."

September 7, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

February 20, 2013