Ratings for Dr. Philip R. Oranburg

Always very helpful. Spend a lot of time going over pros and cons of different medications when I ask him. Diet exercise and general health questions are answered. He never rushes or is too busy to give the necessary time. I can't understand why anyone would not give the Dr. and his staff anything 5 stars.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Never followed up after my stress test and cancelled my follow up appointment

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

I saw Dr. Oranburg and had heart tests done in 2011. In March 2013 I had heart attack and more tests in hospital. I made a post discharge appointment with doctor to compare tests done in hospital with ones done in 2011. When I arrived I was told the appointment had been cancelled because Dr. Oranburg would not accept the amount paid by my new Medicare supplement insurer. Didn't give me the courtesy of a call nor the courtesy of having same doctor who ran tests in 2011 give me comparison with tests run in 2013. Had to find a new cardiologist. Dr. Oranburg's bedside manner is cold and he is heartless.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

My father went in for a checkup with Dr. Oranburg who sent him for a battery of tests almost immediately. His results showed that he had severe blockage and would have to undergo angioplasty. My father balked at the idea of hospitals or surgery. Dr. Oranburg could have simply given his recommendation and moved on, but he did not. Thankfully, he is the type of doctor that truly takes an interest in his patients. Dr. Oranburg took the time to make sure that his patient was fully informed of the decision he was making. It was with the guidance and counseling of Dr. Oranburg that he agreed to have the operation and is alive today. There are a lot of good doctors out there and there are also a lot of caring physicians, but when you find a doctor who has a true talent for his profession and takes a genuine interest in the well being of his patients, you make sure to hang on to him and give him the accolades he deserves.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Dr. Oranburg found a lung tumor on my mom but it was 13 months later that she found out from another doctor. She saw him three times that year and he never told her of the tumor. She died prematurly due to his negligence.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

I saw Dr Oranburg a couple of times a few years ago . He was more about selling services that was not needed but did what he was uppose to do . I changed to another doctor based on the recommendations from my GP

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

Dr. Philip R. Oranburg's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1976)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal