Ratings for Dr. Anne Cairns

Horrible bedside manner. Very knowledgable but completely unempathic to patients.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

I've seen Dr Cairns on a number of occasions. She tends towards a serious, distant demeanour. Like she's thinking hard about things - about my case? Another patient? Something else? Who knows. I've tried to be positive and promote a little more communication. Little impact there. Reasonably effective at diagnosis and treatment. Rapport with patients could stand improvement.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

Dr. Cairns has been my doctor for a few years. She knows my medical situation well, follows up regularly on issues that need it, orders appropriate testing for those issues. She is always friendly to me.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

My one and only, as there will be no further contacts with her, appointment was not pleasant. Bedside manner was lacking and it felt as if I was a bother to her and she had better things to do. Not a pleasant experience and I felt like I was being rushed out the door as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

Dr Cairns has been my physician for over 8 years. She is thorough and I can say saved my bacon on several occasions. I can't say enough good about her professionally, and a person who really cares. I hope she diversifies into the civilian world soon.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

I am not sure if we are talking about the same person. All the experiences I have had with her have been less than favourable. Maybe she works outside of the MIR and gives these patients more respect. I overheard my CoC talking about how she called them and told them to give another member of our unit an RW. This person was going through a rough patch and was on medication. Maybe my idea of a doctor is different than everyone else but I was sure that your doctor of all people should be someone who tries to help you, someone you trust, especially when going through a rough time, not call your work and try to get you in trouble. Maybe there were circumstances that I don't know about but either way just the fact that she called to get him in trouble, she loses my respect. After hearing this, I would NEVER trust this doctor, take your chance if you go see her.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2007

I find her very concern for her patient.Ensure her patient follow up their Medical at all the times. She will do the neccessary care that's required. We need more Doctor like her in our society. Well done.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2007

I found that she was only interested in her opinion. She insisting that my views on other medical occupations (Chiropractic) was bunk, and insisted that I did physio instead. She seemed to like to hear herself talk. I wouldn't go see her again, if I have a choice.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2007

I over heard this lady ask another doctor about running a "routine test" for one of her patients, something so common that I wonder what university she attended. I found (as I will never see her again) she was condesending and ignorant. If I asked a question she would first sigh then give me a half answer. Her bed side manner flat out stinks.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

Excellent, excellent doctor in every way!!!! Make an appointment!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2006