Ratings for Dr. Amer Ahmad

My husband had him at HCH. Dr Ahmad, informed my husband his chest pains were anxiety, and sent him home. One year later, my husband was back to the HCH, with same issue. The day doctor was awesome, shift change came with Dr Ahmad. Dr Ahmad did not listen, made his own diagnosis and when he called down to QE2, he lied when he past on information to the QE2. As we could hear what Dr Ahmad was telling Halifax. Come to find out my husband was having a HEART ATTACK!! When we finally got down to the QE2 and found out what Dr Ahmad had told the cardiologist in Halifax, was a lie! The cardiologist tried to give my husband a heart stress test and he failed the test and admitted him. My husband spent 2 weeks in the cardiac unit of the QE2! We refuse to be treated my Dr Ahmad at any hopsital or clinic!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

ER at HCH and had Dr. Ahmad. Made internal diagnosis without any diagnostic equipment/imaging, did not listen to what the patient was explaining, and was was condescending and dismissive. Borderline argumentative when you questioned the diagnosis. The paramedic was phenomenal so it made the process less painful. Disheartening considering there are really great doctors out there and you have the misfortune of dealing with a doctor like this.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

This passed weekend I went into the ER to have metal removed from my eye. The doctor that night was great! Quick and straight forward! I think people take doctors for granted especially while waiting their turn to be seen. These people are here to help us! and given the volume of patients in one night I couldent begin to understand the stress one doctor would be under. My experience was great! Awsome doctor!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Went in with severe pain and he barely looked at me just said that I had chronic pain with no known cause (but again, barely even look at me) then blamed it on my anxiety and depression.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Well this Doctor needs to be reported to the College of Physicians I went into the emergency several years ago, little did he know I have extensive medical background needless to say I left the emergency department, suffered until the next morning and then seen my own family Dr. and Yes I reported him. Personally animals receive better care than what Dr Amnad provides.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

If this man is working in the ER, I leave. I'd rather drive to Cobequid or Kentville than deal with this quack! I was in labour and he sent me home instead of sending me by ambulance to the IWK for delivery. He refused to acknowledge the file I had to carry with me at all times explaining how going into labour posed a serious risk of hemorrhage. When my husband arrived, he would speak only to my husband and would not speak to me, look at me or acknowledge anything I asked or said. My husband had no choice but to then drive me by car through unplowed roads during a horrible snow storm to get to the IWK. By the time we arrived, the baby was in distress and was delivered by emergency c-section. After that, it was off to isolation in the ICU and three more days before I could even hold my newborn child. Those who think this horrible man is a good doctor have obviously never been in real need of medical attention. Still not sure? Ask the people he works with. I wouldn't be surprised if all the glowing reviews placed on this site were written by him alone.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Awful judgmental, worries about filling the waiting room not getting to know his patients.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Had him a few years ago, when I was much younger. He told my mom I was faking having a stomach ache, turns out my appendix needed to be removed. Gave my Dad the run around when he was in a bad accident, and was just generally unhelpful and arrogant.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Was seen by him at emerge and he had the worst bed side manner of any doctor I had ever seen. Rude, arrogant and no compassion what so ever. He made me feel like I was just a waste of his time. He told me I wasn't dehydrated when I had been vomiting for 4 days straight not able to keep anything not even fluids down and I could no longer pass urine. Anyway My mother was just as ignorant to him as he was to us and she got her point across and he wasn't long ordering test to find out I WAS SEVERLY DEHYDRATED and it was due to an allergic reaction to medication. Now any time I go to the hospital which is very rarely unless it is something serious. I make sure I know who the doctor is working before I am fully registered. If it's him and I am stable enough to make it to another hospital I will. He is a total d*** and Does not deserve to work in the medical field.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Went into out patience years ago and had him. I went in haveing

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015