You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Lisa Gifford

I used to live in Ottawa and went to Lisa Gifford based on the internet reviews: it was a great decision. I am a difficult patient and she was always so good with me- taking time to explain things or adjust things... And re-explain and re-adjust things. I moved to Vancouver and wish I could find a dentist like her out here. Also: she is super gentle and great giving needles. I don't know how she does it- but I am writing this review after getting freezing from another dentist for the first time in years and I am shocked at how much it hurt and realize how lucky I was in Ottawa to have her as a dentist. Also I loved my hygienist. Effective and nice. Only thing that sucks is the parking. But it's worth it for the staff- oh and the receptionist is great too!!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr. Gifford has been my dentist since, I believe, she first entered practice. My wife also works in a related dental field and I thus have many free dental services available to me. I prefer to pay in order to remain Dr. Gifford's patient. I can think of no greater compliment.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. Gifford has been relatively kind to me for the 20 years I have had her. My complaint however, rests not with her, but with the two hygenists that also work there. They are both extremely aggressive with their scaling, polishing, and flossing. Several times I have been sent home bleeding or so sore I was unable to eat for the rest of the day. The other dentists I have attended since I stopped attending the practice have all remarked that I have excellent oral hygiene and that my teeth are in very good shape. I would certainly never return there again after my last experience. Not only was I spitting blood for several hours afterwards, but it was also firmly impressed upon me that I should have all 4 wisdom teeth removed, two gum grafts, and several pieces of connective tissue in my upper jaw area severed. The total cost amounted to over 10,000. Upon seeking a second opinion I was told that none of these procedures were necessary or, in fact, advised. If you are a sensitive, nervous, or uninsured patient I would absolutely not recommend seeking their services.

Submitted July 7, 2015

Great dentist. I saw her for a few years, and she did quite a bit of work on me including a root canal. I have seen a number of dentists in my life, but she has been the most gentle by far. Clearly has excellent technical skills. Unfortunately I had to move so I'm seeing another dentist now.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Tried this dentist based on Rate your MD ratings - all true. Lisa is a great dentist who focuses on the patient and not on trying to sell you all sorts of cosmetic work. She provides honest options and leaves the decision to the patient. Her staff are all friendly and professional and the fact that the team have all worked together for a number of years tells you that they enjoy their work. I have been there 4 times now and they make you feel like a valued patient from the 1st visit. This is a model all dentists and doctors should try to emulate.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Kind, compassionate, friendly and competant. Cannot ask for anything more in a dentist.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

I have been a patient of Lisa Gifford for over 10 years and I've always been very satisfied with her work and "bedside manner". Excellent with anxious patients. I used to be anxious about going to the dentist but not anymore! I needed a crown on a broken tooth and the whole procedure was painless and the result was perfect.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

She has been my dentist for over 14 years and has seen me through Wisdom teeth broken teeth and a titanium implant. I would not even consider a different dentist.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

I have been with Dr Gifford since I was 4 years old. She has always been a great dentist and I have never been unsatisfied with her work. Recently she finished an implant for me and it looks great, no one can tell which the fake tooth is. I couldn't be happier

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

I initally went to see Dr Gifford for a second opinion regarding dental work performed by my dentist of nearly 20 yrs, and immediatly switched! She has provided honnest, useful feedback and guidance, and encourages a conservative approach before implementing any significant work. No pressure service is fantastic!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

Dr. Lisa Gifford's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I used to live in Ottawa and went to Lisa Gifford based on the internet reviews: it was a great decision. I am a difficult patient and she was always so good wi..."

February 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gifford has been my dentist since, I believe, she first entered practice. My wife also works in a related dental field and I thus have many free dental s..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gifford has been relatively kind to me for the 20 years I have had her. My complaint however, rests not with her, but with the two hygenists that also work..."

July 7, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://drlisagifford.ca" to "http://drlisagifford.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "K1A9" to "K2P 1P9". Address has been updated from "None" to "225 Metcalfe Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16132328070".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was a new patient and my appointment was cancelled. I was told i would get a call back to reschedule but i was never called."

December 8, 2014