Ratings for Dr. John O'Connor

When I was a teenager, Dr. O'Connor kept trying to get me on the pill, even though I stated to him many times that I was not ready to become sexually active. He mocked my prudery, and told me I was foolish to obey the church regarding unmarried sex. I swear to God I think he was trying for me himself. He made me so uncomfortable. Also, I came from a home with an alcoholic mother, and Dr. O'Conner gave me hell many times for not obeying my abusive mother and not respecting her. She verbally and physically abused me. Why the hell would I respect or obey her? He took her side against me, and my mother felt free to continue verbally abusing me even though she was a wheelchair-bound invalid. I was the only one left at home, so I was fair game, even though I was her caregiver. With Dr. O'Connor ignoring me and favouring my mother, she felt no guilt at hurting me because no one was listening to me. I dislike Dr. O'Connor for his lack of proper judgement.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Very rude Dr. I think he has short man sydrome. Needs to slow down and listen to patients what they are saying. Also needs to keeps neagative comments to himself. Not nice to talk to.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

I am fort mcmurray and dr o'connor was the best dr we ever had. Most caring dr i've ever seen. I do agree he is hard to get into see but wants he has seen u it's worth it. I just wish he was still here. Val Fitzpatrick

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

Caution Whacko! Up on several charges in Alberta and convicted of "instilling fear" Should not be allowed to practice medicine. He has a very small following and they are considered "whacko's" too.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

Best caring doctor I ever had in my 47 years. Sure hope he comes back to N.S.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2010

How can this man possibly take care of patients by fax, because that is the only way to contact him in Alberta. I thought our municipal government paid big bucks to have him fly back and forth til he made up his mind. Now where is he but back in Alberta leaving his Barrington pts. with no one. Some glad I did not go back to his mostly non existant practice in Barrington. Let' s find a Doc who wants to work and here alone!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

This Doc spends more time away than here. How can that be dedication to his patients? Glag I did not go to him again.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2010

There is no doubt in my mind that Dr. O'Connor is a highly talented physician. I will say, however, that I am no longer a patient of his, due to his inconsistent dedication to his family practice in Barrington. Those who have ongoing needs are left with a great struggle as he is regularly away at least as many days as he is present. It is my opinion that, although it IS difficult to supply doctors to our geographic area, that Dr. O'Connor needs to properly staff his office with a replacement during his absence. It seems he needs to prioritize which portion of the country in which he wishes to practice. I am very thankful to be one of the few in our area to be able to secure another physician and had the option to leave Dr. O'Connor's practice.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

Dr O'Connor is a dedicated man not only to his patients but to his community and family as well. He is one of a few who will do house calls . His committment to his Alberta patients is remarkable. He still manages to take care of those thousands of miles away. A man who has been pulled through the hot coals and continues to pracise what he loves dearly is a tribute to the type of man he is. I am honored to call him my family physcian.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

Doctor John O'Connor of Barrington is the best doctor I or my family have ever had. If not for him, I am sure my oldest daughter would be dead by now. He is very sympathetic with your problems and will do all he can to help you. I woul give him ten out of ten for everything he does.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2009