Ratings for Dr. Steven Morris

I was referred to Dr. Morris for gender affirming surgery but did not have surgery with him. He was rude, insulting, and ignorant. He asked me: What is transgender, when you're trapped in the wrong body? He asked me twice if I would "jump off a bridge" if I didn't like the results. It was clearly out of concern for his liability and not my safety, and horrible care. He actually scolded me. It was unbelievable. Transgenders beware! Don't see him.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I would honestly not recommended dr Morris to anybody, he really has zero bedside manor, he was very rude and condescending to me on every occasion. His receptionist Heather is clueless and impossible to get hold of. If you do not want to be treated by an unfriendly narcisst then I would honestlyrics try any other plastic surgeon first. My surgery was paid for by msil, so I imagine that the good comments on this site are made by private patients. He spent a lot of time trying to sell me very expensive liposuction when I was there for something completely different instead of reassuring me about my upcoming surgery. I honestly would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Dr. Steven Morris has treated me for three different procedures. He is extremely knowledgeable and professional. Recently had a procedure on my cheek. He distracted me with interesting conversation, procedure was over before I had time to worry. Results amazing, thank you!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I require minor hand surgery and saw Dr Morris- the wait time was very reasonable for the appointment, he was on schedule the day of my appointment and the man was friendly and knowledgeable. He was pleasant and explained the procedure clearly and concisely, exactly what I want in a surgeon. I find it interesting that most of the negative commentary here involves patients who expected a Surgeon to baby them and sugar coat things, i.e." "be sure to be at your optimal weight"... Why is he a bad Surgeon if he tells someone who it too fat that they're overweight? Ridiculous. Great Doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I've experienced an excellent outcome from my two visits with Dr. Morris. I amputated the end of my finger just before the first joint. Dr. Morris explained the damage, the options and patiently answered all my questions. He recommended not doing surgery, an excellent diagnosis as the finger grew back 3/4", the feeling returned and mobility returned. I did the dressing changes and exercises he recommended to help recovery and couldn't be happier with the end result. It's wonderful that a surgeon will sometimes recommend no surgery, very professional indeed. I'm fortunate to have been sent to Dr. Morris, another Doctor may have operated with a much poorer end result.

Submitted October 11, 2016

Heather at Dr Morris' office is completely incompetent and rude. She first told us that surgery would be covered my MSI and later found out that was a mistake. Then she took my credit card information over the phone to process our payment and doesn't follow up until two weeks later that it didn't go through for some reason. When I asked if I could come pay in person as I wasn't comfortable giving my card again over the phone she rudely said NO. Nothing else. Just NO. Turns out I had to authorize the large sum to be debited off the card. She should not have left it to the last minute and then gave US an attitude. She needs to get her head screwed on straight or get a new job.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I am wondering if anyone else had issues with the secretary of dr Morris (heather ) I feel she is unprofessional and to over worked to know if she's coming or going then blames it on the patient .i plan to contact qe2 to put in a complaint I hope others that had issues with this women do the same !

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr. Morris and his staff are excellent, professional and helpful. They helped me to feel at ease before and during my procedure, made sure my questions were answered and follow up appts arranged before I even left his clinic. Could not ask for better.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

I'm 4 weeks post op from a full tummy tuck and lipo....Dr.Morris is amazing!! Love my results and he's very attentive and patient. I saw him 4 times before surgery and he answered all my questions and put my fears to rest. He called me personally the morning after surgery to see how I was doing and I see him once a week still for follow ups. The surgery was worth every penny! He's a great dr and takes pride in his work and it shows. I will definitely be using Dr Morris again for any future surgery.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr. Morris is a wonderful surgeon! He is highly skilled, kind and has great sense of humor. He performed my breast reduction last winter and I'm very happy with my results. I've never felt rushed during pre op or follow up appointments and feel very comfortable under his care. We are very lucky to have him here in Halifax!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015