Ratings for Dr. Mark Phillips

Dr Phillips is a great Doctor. He listens to his patients and engages specialists as required. I live in Toronto and still drive out to see him!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

He's good, one of his secretaries, is very cold, I hate calling in for an appt, I always feel like I am bothering them,

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Dr. Phillips has been my family GP for 37 years. He is very caring and understanding Doctor. He is never afraid to refer you to a specialist if he isn't sure. If we have the technology, lets use it. He takes great care of our Family and will always fit you in somehow if you have an urgent matter. His staff are also wonderful!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

He has been my doctor for many years but does not think your issues are important. I am anemic and he told me to "eat a hamburger' and I ended up fainting and needing iron supplements. He also is very awkward in regards to sexual activity, told me he thought I was saying what I needed to be on birth control, and that I did not need it for regulatory purposes, and told me to abstain.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr.Phillips has been my GP since I was 4. I've never had any issues with him. He sent me for blood work after I had my baby as I thought I was dealing with depression. Turns out it was my thyroid...thankfully for him we got it sorted out. I have no idea why people are complaining about him with sexual health, I've always felt comfortable asking him questions. He's an amazing doctor and like others have said if he doesn't have an answer he will refer you to a specialist. I like about 45 min away now but will never switch GPs.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Always helpful and seems to ask the good questions.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I don't know what the complaints about Dr Phil, as we call him, are. I never saw a Bible in his waiting room but I do see dated magazines which isn't uncommon in any Drs office. Discussing sexual matters or other issues is never a problem. As for his care of our entire family, its been 20 years of excellence. He's never afraid to say "I don't know" and refer to a specialist as required. He cares...how many Drs call you at home to discuss specialist reports? If we need to see him AND its URGENT, we call Isobel and its no problem. He's sensitive and realistic. He's not a miracle worker so unrealistic expectations cannot be met. We live 60 kms away from him now but he's still our GP and we wouldn't consider changing that.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Seems uncomfortable dealing with sexual health or mental health issues. He has refused to give me birth control before and told me to just not to be sexually active. He has bibles in his waiting room and is very dismissive of anything I ask

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I don't know who these other patients are that complain about Dr Phillips. I've been going to him for the past 20 years, and always found that his knowledge about my medical issues were spot on. If there needed to be a second opinion, I was always referred to well qualified 'specialists'.. Some patients, like supermarket customers, are never satisfied, no matter what!! Keep up the great work you do Dr. Mark Phillips.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

My family has gone to him for over 20 years and I have to say that I do online research about what I have before my appointment because I am always told I am fine and everything is minor. I absolutely love the staff and times are usually very reasonable, but for a doctor to not have results from tests taken and not being more assertive when there is a family history of a certain disease, not sending for certain tests when tests are suggested (age wise) is just unreasonable. We are the patient, not a doctor, just a suggestion will be great. There are records for every patient and I wouldn't mind waiting an extra 5 minutes just to have him go over a chart and suggest tests, present results from previous tests and not lose the results and simply just shrug shoulders and say oh well

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015