Ratings for Dr. Thomas Serio

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

I've been going to this Doctor for years. He orders the same tests every time I've gone for the last two years. Your results are returned by an automated phone system with no follow up. If you call for a follow up appointment, they will try to push you off on a Urgent care walk in center. He used to be part of a group of doctors. Since he's opened his own practice he's taken on more patients than he can handle. Even with an appointment you might wait for between two and four hours. The staff is rude, and appear to be visibly upset that you even bothered them. Its extremely unhelpful to be shoved away by your doctors staff. They won't even let you speak to them. While they may have book knowledge, they choose not to use it over and over again. I'll never set foot in this office again.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

He' great and friendly doctor, however the wait time too long. over an hour each time is too long.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

As a new patient I was VERY disappointed. Needless to say, I NEVER got a chance to see or meet with the doctor because of the ridiculous wait almost 2 hours. I asked to reschedule and had to scratch that because I didn't want to endure more waiting the next time. As stated by someone else, the staff is exceptionally courteous to the drug reps and I noticed that on my FIRST and LAST visit today. I made it known that I would be finding me another physician because the wait was crazy. Nobody checked on you or told you that he would be in the room within a few minutes...nothing.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

While he is a nice guy, the staff is unhelpful and not responsive. My wife and I are dropping him due to never being able to get an appointment within two weeks of asking for a same day appointment. This has happened time and again. Even when you are there, the wait is ridiculous, being the second appointment of the day still means you aren't leaving until noon. It's a shame that he can't run his own practice, because he is not a bad doctor.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

The waiting time is ridiculous--each time I go I spend at least 1.5 hours in the waiting room, then another 30 minutes in the patient room before seeing the doctor. (I even had to wait 30 minutes just to give a urine sample!). The nurses aren't very experienced, the receptionist just doesn't care, and the overall office management is a joke. However, they are super sweet to the half-dozen drug reps that come in and out while you are sitting in the germ-infested waiting room. I am usually so angry about waiting for so long that all I want to do is hurry up and get out of there. Dr. Serio is a nice guy, but the office management is horrendous and is enough for me to switch doctors.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

Absolutely too much time waiting to see this doctor, both in the waiting room and in the patient's room. My experience is a wait of about 3 hrs. per visit.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

Great doctor once you get in to see him. He takes his time and usually comes up with the right diagnosis very quickly. Infortunately you will have to wait 3-4 hours after your scheduled appointment time to see him. So plan on spending 1/2 a day regardless of what time your appointment is scheduled for.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

It takes soooo much time to get in with him. They can't even call in RX timely. Took them over 2 weeks!!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2009

Dr. Serio is attentive, thorough, and spends a great deal of time with his patients. If you are willing to wait over an hour in the waiting room, deal with his rude & incompetent receptionist, and have the overall visit take upwards of 3 hours, he is a fantastic doctor. If the staff & wait time changed, I'd definitely switch back to him as my primary physician.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

Dr. Thomas Serio's Credentials

• Bowman Gray Sch Of Med Of Wake Forest Univ, Winston-Salem Nc 27157 (Grad. 1993)