Ratings for Dr. Aparna Hernandez

I have been going to this office of 2 doctors-Dr. Galceran first - horrible, aloof, rushed to get out, didn't explain issues, all around didn't care. Then went to Dr. Hernandez who at first I liked her spunky, matter of fact, sarcastic attitude. She spent maybe 1-2 min longer than Dr. G. As long as my health issues /blood work remained the same the visits were mundane. But yesterday I went in to review a recent chest CT scan after having moved a few months back to another city in Florida 4 hours away, I was stupid enough to think that she would make a difference in reading the radiology reports and provide the best understanding along with a human touch - after all I've been seeing her for close to 10 years. But no-she was downright rude. First, asked why I was there after I spoke to her nurse at least 4 times the days leading up to the appt wanting to make sure they received my chest CT scan. So what does she ask when she walks in: "So, what are you here for?" !!! Really?!!!! When I told her she briefly read right off the radiology report -which I could have done - I asked her point blank "do I have cancer"? She said these types of findings do not typically show that or something to that effect and promptly told me I need to find a pulmonary specialist in my new city. Could care less I drove 4 hrs to see her, that I was a nervous wreck about the results because of my sister losing her life due to cancer possibly originating from the lung. She was cold, uncaring, and couldn't wait to get on to the next patient-even after I said I hope you are writing this down because I don't understand a word you are saying. If I still lived there I would've fired her on the spot. I have since learned several of my friends have done just that starting about a year ago. Stay after from this practice and Dr. Hernandez and Dr. Galceran These are strictly my personal opinions

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I was looking for a new internal medicine doctor and was referred to Dr. Hernandez. She is bright, thorough and to the point. I like her direct approach and her suggestions for lifestyle and dietary changes that will point me in a healthier direction! I will highly recommend Dr. Aparna Hernandez to my family and friends!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Hernandez was recommended by many of the other Dr's we use and I can see why. Very knowledgeable. I feel well cared for. She listens and her diagnostic skills are evident. Her staff is the best I have experienced and convey caring and competence.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr Hernandez is a wonderful doctor. We have been going to her for years and she and her PA Sarah are caring, compassionate and they take the time to listen to you. She pays attention to your medical history and if you are not doing what you need to do to stay healthy she will let you know what needs to change. If you want to go to a smart doctor who cares, go see Dr Hernandez.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2012

Young and fresh, always open for new ideas and has a willingness to help

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

excellent personality and patience, shows caring for patients.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

I, too, have had a less than satisfying experience with Dr, Hernandez. I went in for a full physical, but basically all she did was send me for lab work. Several months later I was supposed to retune to see if my cholesterol had dropped, but her office kept canceling my appointment. Finally, a PA for her partner had to read me the results and advise me over the phone. This is undoubtedly the worst experience I've ever had with a medical practice.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2011

Absolutely the worst experience that I have ever had. THIS DOCTOR WAS TERRIBLE! She was cold, uncompassionate, antagonistic, and defensive. Her mission statement and internet profile state that she is compassionate and empathetic, and she bills herself as a doctor that cares, but SHE IS NOT !! She acted as if I was some sort of liar. She was curt, and questioned every bit of information that I gave her. Her profile states that she deals with depression, but I was simply given a referral and told "I am not a psychiatric doctor, that is not what we do here". I had blood drawn but was not given a clear idea of what follow up action would be taken. When I left the office, in tears, I did not know what my next steps should be. I guess that she just gave me my obligatory 7 minutes (US avg time spent with a doctor)and to her, that was all that was necessary. And while I may be unsure of what I will do next, I know what I WON’T do, and that is, SEE THIS PHYSICIAN AGAIN!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010