Ratings for Dr. John A. Papa

This Dr needs to take a lesson in how to talk to a patient he was without a doubt the rudest Dr. I have ever seen ...time for him to take a lesson in how to talk to his people who are paying his salary,and a lesson in manners

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Staff great. Dr Papa not so much. I am actually sitting here waiting in a room now for over an hour. He is out in the hall talking stocks with another patient for the last 10 minutes!! WTH is my time not valuable???

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I suffered a high ankle fracture from a parachuting accident in the late '70s. Had surgery with internal fixation at that time. Managed well with little pain for approx. 30 years. Pain increased markedly over the past 3 years. The ankle was beginning to look gnarly with significant swelling. Dr. Papa was recommended to me. He explained the damage to the ankle and how it could be corrected with surgery. After a 3 hour surgery to fuse the ankle and several serial casts I am now without pain . I have a remarkable range of motion and an almost perfect gait. I'm now sevens months post-op and play golf 3 times weekly. He is a doctors doctor and fixed these 73 year old bones. He is mild mannered, very intelligent and very approachable which infused confidence. I would recommend Dr. Papa to family and friends without reservation. I found his assistant and all staff to be warm, accepting and very professional. Dr. Papa has given me freedom from pain and a return to a normal life.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Exceptional doc- worth the wait. Had seen several podiatrists who misdiagnosed my problem- in retrospect I can't believe I let a podiatrist operate on me - I now know that they do not go to medical school (DPM not MD) and have significantly less training . Fortunately Dr Papa was able to "redo" my surgery with great results- I am now back to walking 5-7 miles a day with minimal pain- so happy to have my life back. He was very thorough explaining my problem and going over what could be done to correct it. He reviewed my before and after X-rays with me which was amazing. I can see how he takes great pride in his work. I have advised many friends that if you are ok with someone who is very focused -not much time for small talk, and believe you may need surgery to fix your problem -then he is definitely worth the wait. I'm sure it's fine to initially see a podiatrist since a lot of problems can likely be fixed without surgery- but if you are told you need surgery I would certainly recommend seeing Dr Papa first. I have also learned from some friends that if you have a bad foot or ankle injury that needs surgery and are unable to get an appointment with him -request to leave a message with his staff and he may be able to "work you in".

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. Papa is a fantastic surgeon! Nearly five years ago, I injured my ankle in a cycling accident and endured numerous months of pain before seeing a physician. I saw a local foot / ankle surgeon and was told surgery would likely relieve much of the pain, and decided to go through with it approximately a year & a half after my accident. Much to my dismay, the surgery did NOT help and I continued on for months with pain. I sought the guidance of Dr. Papa, who was referred to me by a friend in Central Florida. He was not only extremely knowledgable, but was very engaged / thorough during my first appointment when assessing my medical history. He strongly recommended surgery, which I went through with about 10 months ago. I cannot thank Dr. Papa enough!! I am currently living pain free, and have been able to resume normal physical activity. Dr. Papa was considerate and attentive, and clearly a wonderful surgeon. Would recommend him to anyone who likely needs foot / ankle surgery.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I had a fabulous experience with Dr Papa-- he was very attentive as I explained my symptoms, which I had for years, and was able to answer all of my questions. I had been struggling with intense arch pain and discomfort and he quickly identified the problem. I ended up having surgery a few weeks later, which went very well. Feel great now and it's all thanks to Dr. Papa's expertise. I'm definitely surprised by any of the negative reviews on this site, since I had such a stellar experience! Would highly recommend Dr. Papa to anyone

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I went to Dr. Papa for a bunion problem a few months ago. I found him and the staff to be very attentive; I am surprised by many of the reviews below, as I had a very positive experience. Dr. Papa answered my questions thoroughly and listened to everything I had to say. I thought he was a very knowledgable doctor, and was able to clearly explain why I was feeling pain / what the next steps to solving my problem would be.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I would not take a wounded bird to this guy! He was RUDE he 2nd guesses my regular surgeons work and i was there for a 2nd opinion for a new situation which I didnt get. It was a wasted trip. I heard him say to his aid why did they send her to me. He tried to send me home with a plastic orthotic that anyone could get from a CVS. Then he channged my WC status and hea not my regular WC dr. A one time opinion should not be allowed to change status. I wanted to have words with him more and he refused to come back to my room. I left pissed off.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr, Papa couldn't wait to operate on me!! Just went to him about my bunion. After having to ASK for the lead vest during 4 X-rays on my foot...not good first impression. Dr, Papa found about 5 diff. things wrong with both my feet!! including shortening my toes!!! What????? I would need to stay off my feet for 6 weeks and then wouldn't be in a boot until 8 weeks! To fix a bunion????? Wow! Since I was shocked about his diagnosis, I had a lot of questions for him. He got mean at the end of the appt. and told me that I should now have my PhD. in foot surgery! I guess he felt I was taking too much of his time. Went to see Dr.Choung with the same group but at a diff. address and he was much more practical. He would do about half of what Dr. Papa wanted to do but asked me if I were in pain. I said "no". He would leave my right foot alone completely and stressed that this is major surgery and have to decide if it's Cosmetics vs. Pain? If I'm not in pain now, I will be after this surgery! Would definitely see Dr. Choung again if needed.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I'm not sure why others on this site have had bad experiences. I had a tendon problem that caused my arch to collapse and was very painful. I went to see Dr. Papa after having seen 3 podiatrists and an orthopedic surgeon with no improvement. He was very thorough and informative. He took the time to fully explain my condition and treatment options and answered all of my many questions. He did not rush to surgery- but after a trial with several braces and physical therapy- he eventually fixed my foot. My foot is like new and I'm back to walking 5 miles daily without pain. I have recommended him to all my friends. I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

Dr. John A. Papa's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1985)