Ratings for Dr. John A. Papa

Dr Papa did a wonderful job on a very complex but correction with for hammertoes and a huge bunion after the surgery three days later I would without pain recovery is going beautifully I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I have never met a rude Dr like him he is so disrespectful to me being his patient he is not here to help me he is stickley a insurance doctor his manner are not at all the best☹️☹️

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Great doctor with an amazing staff. I wish I had gone to him first other than the other doctor & podiatrists I saw first!  He made me feel relaxed , did surgery took care of the issues I had with my foot and had me back to work no restrictions... I can't thank you enough Dr. Papa!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Exceptional doc- worth the wait.  Dr.Papa amazing doctor! Knew exactly how to fix me

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I trusted Dr. Papa with my foot surgery because he is the best foot and ankle doctor in Orlando! My experience at Jewett Orthopaedic was 5 stars all the way.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

This Dr needs to take a lesson in how to talk to a patient he was without a doubt the rudest Dr. I have ever seen ...time for him to take a lesson in how to talk to his people who are paying his salary,and a lesson in manners

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Staff great. Dr Papa not so much. I am actually sitting here waiting in a room now for over an hour. He is out in the hall talking stocks with another patient for the last 10 minutes!! WTH is my time not valuable???

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I suffered a high ankle fracture from a parachuting accident in the late '70s. Had surgery with internal fixation at that time. Managed well with little pain for approx. 30 years. Pain increased markedly over the past 3 years. The ankle was beginning to look gnarly with significant swelling. Dr. Papa was recommended to me. He explained the damage to the ankle and how it could be corrected with surgery. After a 3 hour surgery to fuse the ankle and several serial casts I am now without pain . I have a remarkable range of motion and an almost perfect gait. I'm now sevens months post-op and play golf 3 times weekly. He is a doctors doctor and fixed these 73 year old bones. He is mild mannered, very intelligent and very approachable which infused confidence. I would recommend Dr. Papa to family and friends without reservation. I found his assistant and all staff to be warm, accepting and very professional. Dr. Papa has given me freedom from pain and a return to a normal life.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Exceptional doc- worth the wait. Had seen several podiatrists who misdiagnosed my problem- in retrospect I can't believe I let a podiatrist operate on me - I now know that they do not go to medical school (DPM not MD) and have significantly less training . Fortunately Dr Papa was able to "redo" my surgery with great results- I am now back to walking 5-7 miles a day with minimal pain- so happy to have my life back. He was very thorough explaining my problem and going over what could be done to correct it. He reviewed my before and after X-rays with me which was amazing. I can see how he takes great pride in his work. I have advised many friends that if you are ok with someone who is very focused -not much time for small talk, and believe you may need surgery to fix your problem -then he is definitely worth the wait. I'm sure it's fine to initially see a podiatrist since a lot of problems can likely be fixed without surgery- but if you are told you need surgery I would certainly recommend seeing Dr Papa first. I have also learned from some friends that if you have a bad foot or ankle injury that needs surgery and are unable to get an appointment with him -request to leave a message with his staff and he may be able to "work you in".

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. John A. Papa's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1985)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan