Dr. Muni Mysore

Ratings for Dr. Muni Mysore

I agree with every negative comment posted here. Takes notes/prescribes meds. If you want 'talk therapy' stay away. I received much more in the way of assistance/direction/ caring and compassion in (3) visits with a psychologist than I have in 18 years with her. Not too many however, can afford psychology fees, Since last appointment I'm very near the 'edge'

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

My son, who has attempted suicide several times, was taken to the hospital very early on Tuesday, Feb 21, by the Police. He has been under Dr. Mysore for approx 10yrs, and an inpatient on 3 separate occasions. Today, he is telling me that they were already discussing his discharge! I find this completely unacceptable, he is not well and needs a much longer stay to be monitored more closely. He is certainly not going to do well on the outside. His last stay, was from Sept/16 to end of Nov/16 when he was discharged, it is only Feb/17, and look where he is again. The're washing their hands of him, how does that make him feel?, like he is a lost cause and no one wants to take any responsibility for his welfare for any length of time. This is heartbreaking and so very very sad.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Not a caring person. Quick to add meds without explanation. Felt very judgemental.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Mysore for about 3 years and have found her very helpful. Remember the Dr. can't do it all. Progress takes work and co-operation and with that trust has been built. She has given me the freedom and responsibility to run my own life as I see fit. I know I can always contact her if I need help in anyways though I don't usually do that.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr Muni Mysore is a absolutely horrific doctor and an even more horrific human being. When I made an appeal to the Mental Health Board and it was being followed through with, she along with the head of psychiatry at the Grace Hospital had me discharged immediately; without follow-up's or any prescriptions. Why? For fear of repercussions of MALPRACTICE. She should lose her job, her credentials, everything she has. And then she should be forced into a psychiatric ward to be placed in solitary confinement. Horrible, horrible human being AND a considerably worse doctor. How she is allowed to practice medicine, or to be allowed to be a part of reality is absolutely beyond me.

Submitted May 19, 2015

I am very happy for the people who have found Dr.Mysore helpful in dealing with their problems. I on the other hand did not find her helpful in any way. I do not think that she is a good doctor and i would not recommend seeing her. This is because i know how hard it is to open up and talk about your problems and how much hope you put into that person to help you and when it doesn't turn out very well its truly very discouraging. Therefore, i recommend to save your time, money, and hope and try another doctor. I do not know if the next doctor you try will be a good one, however, at least i saved you from this one. This is my opinion from the experience i had and i do not intend on offending anyone, and i also know that everyone has had different experiences and, therefore share different opinions.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

She fired me...been with my current Dr 16 years...she was .my sore. ..uncaring!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr Mysore was very impatient with me. I did not like how she seemed uninterested of my illness. I feel as if she doesn't care about me as a patient, and jumps to conclusions instead of asking me what happened. I feel worse every time I leave her office. I would not recommend her to anyone who is seeking truly professional/empathetic care.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

I was impressed with Dr. Mysore. I saw her for a period of time and we worked with meds. Once life became manageable, we weaned off the meds and I've lived med-free for the last several years. I didn't find her to push meds at all. I also feel that she let me determine how I was feeling and let me direct the changes, but I didn't feel that she was uninterested or unconcerned. I believe that if what I wanted to do wasn't good for me, she'd have directed my care in a direction that was better for me.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

Dr. Mysore has saved my life over the last five years. I cannot say where I would be without her.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009