Ratings for Dr. Shilpa Saxena

The staff are helpful but the physician, not so much. No solutions were found in solving the health issues I was/am having.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Gee that strange i reading this comment he mentions $ 14 monthly or 120 yrly. I Was told today that you had to pay $3,500 up front to become one of the doctors members, plus i needed to go through a screening process with one individual who was out for an extended period, I did not know that it was gods office the Wizard of OZ. i found this Doctor by calling a lab to locate someone who is signed up with the lab to do a certain type of blood test, but i guess i will have to find another doctor to do it

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Dr. Saxena and her staff are amazing. The experiance is nothing like we've seen before,they have a nutritinist on board.They dont wear scrubs so it doesnt feel like a stale envoronment.Every other dr.s office i went into before could never tell me what was wrong. They were super quick to prescribe me antibiotics & anti inflamatory rx.was sick for 6months before seeing her. Dr. Saxena took the time to listen,ran the test needed and gave me what my body needed to heal itself.It worked. WITHOUT RX. What I liked most is the Living Wellness University. Yes you pay to be a member monthly $14 or yrly $120.BUT.you learn so much of the body and the functionality and WHY this is happening or How this is happening to your body.She does lectures and Its an explanation you dont get from other dr.s who have to get to the next patient.To me its so worth it so i have this knowlede i would never get from anywhere else. Sadly she no longer excepts Humana i have had no luck finding another dr. like her !

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

Very rude staff, you are made to feel as if you are putting them out & taking up to much of their time. I've only been twice still dont have the necessary treatment needed to help my child get better and were going on week 2. I'm frustrated that I was required to pay a fee even to be considered as a patient & now once a patient I'm rushed & still hv a such child. I wil be looking else where for my families healthcare.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Not sure why others think she is cash pay. I have a basic United Healthcare PPO and just paid my copay. She is not just a conventional doctor as she specializes in functional medicine and integrative medicine. This type of medicine promotes healthy lifestyle and that's what I'm looking for when considering my family....we know how important diet and exercise are to being healthy. We love Dr. Saxena!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

When I first saw her years ago, she was very caring and took the time to talk to me. Then she stopped taking new patients. The only way you could become a new patient was to see her in her wellness clinic, which didn't take insurance. It was $125-175 (can't remember) to see her there. THEN after you do that, you earn the privilege of becoming a regular patient. If you could afford to buy yourself into a doctor's office, than this may not be an issue for you. I've never heard of any other doctor doing this. It sounds shady, like she is more interested in the business side of medicine. (I don't know what her current policy is.) Since then, she has built a new building and now has a nurse practitioner also seeing patients. She may be a good doctor; I'm pretty healthy so I haven't been there as much as other patients. But I'm not interested in buying the vitamins and supplements she sells. It just makes me think I'm a potential cash cow instead of a patient. Going elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2011

She was very knowledgeable but did not let me know I was being charged by the minute!!! They are also all about being on a healthy diet. So I ended up paying hundreds to hear about this diet I need to be on-- that I am not interested in!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

I searched for years for a doctor like Dr. Saxena. She's so caring and gives time and attention to your needs. I would travel miles if I had to for her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

Worse staff ever, these people are rude. i would NOT recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

Great practice. takes her time with her patients. You get more than what u expect from this practice.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Shilpa Saxena's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Lutz, FL