Ratings for Dr. Gene A. Balis

Dr. Balis is amazing -- very thorough, knowledgeable, empathetic, great "bedside" manner. He did everything he could to help me avoid surgery. When complicated surgery became the last option, he did an amazing job. I'm much, much better thanks to him.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I was treated by Dr. Balis for what started out as a herniated disc in 2004 in both my neck and lower back. Dr. Balis did everything he could to keep me off the operating table. After 3 years, my disc burst (I continued to perform at a high level of sports competition) and surgery was necessary. Dr. Balis was meticulous and thorough with the surgery. I was back to my sport within 6 weeks. 5 years later I again injured my back. (This had nothing to do with the original surgery) Dr. Balis again performed the surgery and 2 years later I am functioning at full capacity. I was 42 for my first surgery and 47 for my second. Dr. Balis does run late at times but it because he spends as much time with you as you need.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

nice guy , but outside the run of the mill condiotions VERY POOR. Referred wife to another Doctor, just to avoid the problem. Would not reccommend.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

VERY knowledgeable. I have a "rare" brain disorder, Chiari Malformation, and other NS and NL's didn't know anything about it! Dr. Balis knew, treated, and will soon be doing the surgery to correct it! I thank my lucky stars for putting him in my life! And his personality is fantastic. No God-Complex like most Neurosurgeons and Neurologists! Great guy, smart and comforting. It does take about 15 minutes to get into the exam room, but only because he pays so much attention to every patient, sometimes visits run a little longer. For the personalized and expert service, I'm HAPPY to wait a few extra minutes! And his partner is also amazing. I usually don't care for Docs, but these guys have really changed my mind about that.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

Dr. Gene A. Balis's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1967)