Ratings for Dr. Robert Donnelly

I will not go back after dealing with a long wait, bad attitude and no discussion about why he was ready to inject cortisone into my knee which was not why I made the appointment. I wanted an expert opinion on an old injury. I received a smug attitude and "I work for you" stated by the doc himself when I stopped him from getting a needle ready. OMG. I wanted to run out of there fast while I still could. He was dismissive and disrespectful of my concerns. I will not be back.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

This doctor is a complete hack. Getting a total knee replacement from him was the worst thing that ever happened to me. Not only do I have the wrong size prosthetic knee installed, but he has been lying about it. If it was not for the insurance billing he would of never been caught. Dishonest, horrible bedside manner, and he completely screwed my knee up. I hope someone who reads this will heed my warning and not use this clown of a surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I went to Dr. Donnelly after I moved to Florida because I was still have quite a bit of trouble with my knee. I had already had one surgery for a torn meniscus the year before in Arizona but was still having a lot of pain and difficulty doing daily functions. Immediately, I disliked him because of his overall attitude and lousy bedside manner. It was so apparent that he thought I was either making it up because I wanted pain drugs, or it was all in my head. He ordered a regular x-ray of the knee which showed nothing unusual which also led him to state that there was nothing wrong and what did I expect him to do. He he did a knee injection and told me to take anti-inflammatory drugs and come back in a month or so. This went on for a while with lots of attitude (now on both sides because he was making me angry with his assumptions). In his attempt to shut me up and clear up any misgivings about whether or not I was telling the truth, he finally agreed to have another MRI with contrast done on my knee. RESULT: the meniscus was torn again. His change of attitude was clear as a bell. He finally did the surgery to repair it again. After healing, I found that there was still a problem. I went back and he informed me that I would have to live with it because I wasn't getting any younger and he has done thousands of these surgeries and I am the ONLY one that still said they have a problem. all-in-all, this doctor believes he is ALWAYS right and I DO NOT recommend anyone to go see him. He was, at the same time, preparing for his body building competition which leads me to believe his mind is not completely on his doctoring or his surgical aptitudes.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

I delt with this Doctor in St.Pete a couple of years back, I was told I was wasting his time even though my MRI of spine was abnormal and was dealing with severe back pain. His bedside manner stinks, would not recommend him to anyone. Thank goodness there are good spinal surgeons out there that accept my insurance.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Dr. Donnelly displays no compassion and is very businesslike in his office. I accepted this then because I believed his expertise at surgery was more imporatant than his personality. But now I wish I had gone elsewhere. I called repeatedly, left messages and got no response until finally two months later. Eventually, I went to another Orthopedic surgeon and was told the wrong size prosthesis had been implanted and that was the cause of my continual problems. I would not recommend Dr. Donnelly to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2008

Dr. Robert Donnelly's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Clearwater, FL