Ratings for Dr. Jason O'Connell

One of the most admirable, considerate, and knowledgeable doctors that I have met in a long time. He was so caring and really just an overall amazing, real person!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I am a very blunt and open individual myself so this is probably why I feel that Dr OConnell is the absolute best doctor! As a woman, I do not find him belittling in any way. In fact, I look forward to visits with Dr OConnell. He truly has a passion for his profession and loves to educate his patients. I always do my research prior to figure out what is going on with me or background knowledge of medication/treatment options so have an open and educational conversation with Dr Oconnell. He is professional, yet is laid back so is easy to joke with as well. I have seen him for everything from regular check-ups to iud to depression, and if you know what you want and know your stuff he is extremely helpful and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Has his mind made up before he sees you a great listener but does not hear you. Wow!!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I will have to agree that Jason is dismissive and arrogant, he is very misogynistic. For a doctor that specializes in OB his attitude towards women is baffling... His demeanor towards my husband and his other male patients compared to women is night and day, so much so that I have to get my husband to bring our daughter in so we will be heard and she receives proper treatment. I usually use the walk in over going to see him for most things, which in this town says a lot since the walk ins are brutal here! Finding a family doctor in this town is impossible so unfortunately I'm stuck with him, given the opportunity I'd drop him in a heartbeat...

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

All I can say is, he's the best doctor I've ever experienced.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. O'Connell since I was 14. I'm 27 now. I liked him when I was a teenager because he swears and tries to be "cool". Tells it like it is and seemed to be listening to me. Until I was having depression and suffered a trauma. Then I started realizing that I only.liked him because he was honest and talked to me lIke a teenager. Now that I'm an adult, I absolutely HATE him. He is the most arrogant, misogynistic man I've met. He is completely dismissive and belittling of women. He thinks he knows everything and even if you prove him wrong he just blatantly denies it and says you're wrong. Misdiagnosed my mother with skin cancer when it is an abscessed black head!!! Misdiagnosed me. Refuses to refer to specialists. Doesn't listen to concerns. Goes back and forth on his views of treating depression. My entire family is stuck with him and hates him. Men seem to love him but most women (who aren't pregnant) and elderly people dislike him anf don't trust him. He also likes to bring his personal opinions into his medicine. Allowing his personal.opinion to cloud his medical advice. Desperately trying to get a new doctor. I see walk in clinics and the ER before I go see him

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Arrogant and has minimal medical knowledge. It's his way or the highway

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

I am a teacher, and students often come to me for help. The problem is, they want me to tell them the answers to the upcoming test, or tell them not to worry - they'll get through the test/course somehow. If you tell a student that they need to study more, attend class more, or that it is already impossible to pass the course, they don't like it. This analogy probably applies in the doctor's office as well. My entire family has had a great many years using Dr. O'Connell. He was and is great with the kids (now teenagers), and he has helped me get over many afflictions that could have developed into something worse. With such a striking dichtomy of opinions on this page, I can't help but think it has to do somewhat with the patients' attitudes going into the office.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Worst Dixie in town. I moved family doctors as soon as I could!!!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Great doctor! !! Ya he is blunt and to the point but who wants a doctor that beats around the bush? He tells you how it is.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015