Ratings for Dr. Thomas Ho

Growing up as a teenager, I really struggled with anxiety attacks and depression. I begged Dr. Ho several times throughout my teens for help and referrals to a psychiatrist. His response was always, "You're fine, just get some more exercise and talk to your school counselors for help." I DID EVERYTHING to try and fix my mental health. I couldn't switch doctors at the time because my parents wanted the family to have one doctor. Dr. Ho has always been the rushed type who just wants to quickly get through as many patients as he can. During my first year of college, I wanted to apply for disability accomadation so I could take my tests in a separate room. He refused to sign the form even though he knew I had been struggling for 10 years with anxiety. His excuse was, if you're not going to take medications then I won't sign them. He also stated that if he signed them labeling me as a disabled person, I would never get accepted into UBC or SFU. BUT FACT, these services are confidential and UBC and SFU also have these services too!!! I now have a FANTASTIC doctor who fully cares about my mental health, and I am absolutely so happy and barely dealing with anxiety attacks. DO NOT GO TO DR.HO!!!! HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR WELL BEING!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I really agree, every visit have to wait over 2 hours, sometimes over 3 hours. And Miss B. the receptionist is the worst, the worst staff I ever met in my life.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

My whole family I seen this Doctor for 20+ year. The whole family's comment to his clinic is a ever lasting waiting room. We live in 15+km away from his office, and every time when we visit him, we will consider that day a one day tour to Waiting Room. Trust me, you will one and half hour at least in the open area, then another one and half hour inside one of his room. However, once that become your turn, you will find his consultation and diagnosis time really really flies , maybe 10 mins at most. So, the whole tour will be 2-3 hours wait, plus 10 mins consultation. plus the travelling time back and fore, that makes up a terrible one day tour. His receptionist, Miss B, is the worst staff I ever met in my past 30+ year in the job environment. Her attitude is never be good and professional with the exception that you 'shoe polish" her or maybe buy her some pastry and coffee to worship her. I never hear her address the patient as Mr. A or Mrs B but just shouting our the patient full name. Come on, have you been to school and did you primary school teacher taught you how to address your clients / patients / customers. She is simply a rude, and impolite person. I wonder if she can find any other job position except in this clinic. Talking back to Dr Ho, I really think he should not take care that many patients unless he is in hurry to make a big pile of money for retirement which to certain extend is good for himself and all the patients who suffer from " Long Waiting" disease . I have no stand point to criticise his medical knowledge as I am not a medical doctor, but as a normal person / patient, I do not feel any enthusiasm, care, professionalism exist in his DNA. At one time, when I had fever, he even used a Glass Rectal Thermometer to measure my oral temperature !! Oh Dr Ho, do you really know the difference ? Do you really care how your patient feel when a anal thermometer was put into my mouth ? It is totally unacceptable and extremely ridiculous. My last word to all the patients, DO NOT go see this " Doctor" . I bet you will find another one much better than this one.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr. Ho has been my family Doctor since I was very young. He is a very caring and knowledgeable Doctor. The wait time at his office needs to improve, but he is a great Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Ho may be a good doctor, but it didn't work out for me. I will give his staff no star if it is possible because everyone of them are extremely unhelpful. I always ask for the last appointment because of my work place location and work hour. The waiting has been extremely painful as you are talking about 3 hours plus. I even asked my wife to be there 1/2 after the appointment time as a scout and report to me when should I leave the office so that I can minimize my waiting time but sacrificed my wife. For that reason apologize to my dear wife and I successfully opted for alternate GP. Dr. Ho may be knowledgeable, but it didn't work out for me at all as he didn't send me to see the endocrinologist to treat my diabetes. He also failed to treat my severe nose bleeding which turned out to be "Lymphoma". After all, he shouldn't commit to look after patients if he is too busy?

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

This doctor does not appear to love his job. In fact, it is obvious to many that his entire staff is just there to clock time... As indicated in the other comments, he is dismissive, sometimes curt, lacks genuine warmth, and shows little respect for his patients' time and concerns. I find his attitude really arrogant. Humility is NOT present in this "doctor". He needs to lookd this word up. I don't see hi myself but my family does and believe me, when we find an alternate...

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Horrible wait times, short staffed, almost have to spend half a day if you come here, even with an appointment.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Dr. Ho is a terrible doctor, never on time, have to wait at least couple hour or more every time. He read word to word directly from the test result, never explain to you the result/medical terms. If you ask him, he would said, "I just told you" What a horrible mean people :( When you ask you question or to explain whatever to you, he just scream at you. Aren't doctor suppose to help patient or just want to make more money ..............shouldn't be a doctor at all :(

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I've been waiting here for over 2 hrs I write this review. Even walk-in clinics have a shorter waiting time. Quickly disregards your concerns, and says "that's fine, that's normal". I only suck it up to go here because my whole family goes here. Wouldn't recommend this place at all. You have a better chance dropping dead than get your concerns met.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Long wait time, better go to emergency room. Very narrow-minded especially when you mention about other doctors (his competitors). Last but not least, that long time receptionist's attitude sucks; always pulled her face; and rude to many patients. She can probably work there and no where else will take her. She is very lucky finding a boss. In a nutshell, don't go there. I think chances to look for a better one is higher somewhere else.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015