Ratings for Dr. P Gorman

It has been a number of years since you saved my life from cancer with symptoms that only you figured out....you were amazing to me and did a perfect job. Even though it had spread, you were so careful and caring! Thank you and God Bless you!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

1980"- HE WAS WANTING TO DO "THE BIG OPERATION" - I ASKED WHAT THAT WAS AND WHY - "YOU HAVE CANCER YOU KNOW"- i DID NOT KNOW! I ASKED IF THE BAD COULD BE REVERSED, HE SAID NO! - i WENT TO MAYO CLINIC - ROCHESTER FOR 2ND OPINION - IT WAS AVAILABLE, LONG STORY BUT I ENDED UP HAVING IT DONE IN SASKATOON, BY A DOCTOR S.C.KANTHAN. HE TEACHS THERE AND I SINCE FOUND THAT GORMAN HAD TAKEN INSTRUCTIONGORMAN FROM KANTHAN. I THINK GORMAN JUST WANTED TO DO THE QUICK AND EASY . HE WAS DEAD WRONG - HORRIBLE MANNERS, STAFF WERE ANYTHING BUT HELPFUL. DO NOT TRUST THIS MONEY HUNGRY BUTCHER

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr. Gorman. I just read all the other comments about him. I can say the first time I met him he happened to be the General Surgeon on call the night I was in a life or death state. He delivered his news straight from the hip. That was obviously hard because he had the unfortunate task of telling me I was going to be dead in a couple of hours and most likely would die in the emergency surgery he was taking me into. I'm not sure there is a better way of telling someone that. I can tell you however, that it's his skills as a Surgeon that most mattered to me in that situation, not his delivery. And I can tell you that I credit him with saving my life. I also know that he is very protective of me to this day (19 years later!!). I watched him take charge of a situation that he did not create. I saw his gentle shy side and his caring of me as his patient. 2 years later I chose to have the last corrective surgery to repair my body mostly back to it's pre-injury state and he was the ONLY Doctor I trusted to do that surgery. (I've had two medical mistakes of which one I went into cardiac arrest from the oxygen being left to empty when I was 11 yrs old and two an undetected perforated bowel from another surgeon) I was terrified of having surgery ever again but did not want to continue dealing with my life-saving temporary ileostomy any longer. The reversal went 100% positive!! No infection, no nausea, no temperature, no nothing. I was swimming 6 weeks later. I continue to give gratitude to Dr. Gorman on the anniversary of my emergency surgery and whenever I run into him today...he always gets my biggest smile, deepest thanks, and strongest hug!! God Bless Dr. Peter Gorman for all he did for me and so many throughout his Surgeon Career. There really are no words to describe the depth of my Gratitude. I pray I never need another Surgeon as he has since retired from that aspect of his career.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Doctor Gorman is great I have had nothing other than productive informational visits. Receptionist was very friendly. ON another note Doctor Gorman is the only doctor I have ever dealt with that acknowledges you outside of the office.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

My father had a colonoscopy and was told there was a tumour. Further tests were run and we went to Dr. Gorman for the results. He hadn't even read my dad's chart when we went in the office. Then he flipped through the file and said point blank,"You have cancer." Not caring, terrible bedside manner. Dr Gorman performed surgery (which did go well), but never came to the room to check on my dad or give us any results at all! He doesn't seem to have any concern for his patients at all. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Highly recommend this doctor. I have been a patient of Dr. Gorman for about 6 years. Have always found him pleasant and concerned. He is excellent about doing follow-ups on surgeries he has performed.(mastectomy is one of those surgeries). Theresa (receptionist) has been more than helpful in making appointments for whatever procedure I have needed which alleviates any anxiety I may have....very important!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Dr Gorman did not seem concerned whatsoever to try and find out what is wrong with me. He did not listen to what I was saying, when he was going to prescribe me a med, I told him about a sample I had tried that seemed to help, he proceeded to prescribe me a med I had already tried a different brand of and had explained hadn't worked at all. Dr Gorman performed a gastroscopy on me and after the procedure a nurse explained the results based on the notes he had written. She explained the condition he diagnosed and the damage it had caused. About four months after my procedure an appointment was booked for him to explain the results. He spent about 30 secs in the room, told me there was nothing he could find (contradicting the notes he had taken and given me at the procedure)and asked me if I knew what was causing the issues. He said that was it, had no advice on what direction I should take next or anything to try. I felt he only wanted to get rid of me from the start and not help at all.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

Dr. Gorman is a wonderful surgeon who genuinely cares for his patients. I just had surgery that likely saved my young life which he performed and I will always be ever so thankful for his care.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2010

Don't even waiste your time seeing him, he's a quack, makes a promise to not dump on or forget about his patient's. was to have an mri done on a mass legion located on my thyroid,he never even bothered to book it. takes forever to get in to see his patient's, doesn't want to listen to them or what they have to say. my dad saw him for a colonoscopy, he kept dad awake, didn't give him any pain med's despite the fact that my dad had a large tumor cut out of him and had his bowel tattooed by gorman at the same time, dad was in agoney!!!! i will never see him again, saw him for 4 yr's for hyperthyroidism, and nodule on it he did absoutly nothing!!! his staff has a habit of not getting back to his patient's to book appointment's eigther!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2010

In 2009, I had 2 surgeries performed by Dr Gorman - very professional and very caring. I would always choose him for any general surgery. Both surgeries were "urgent"; and both he and Theresa did all in their power to make them happen as quickly as possible. He rates A + and I recommend him to all my friends.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010