Ratings for Dr. Harold Peters

The worst so called doctor I've ever had in my entire life and probably the worst doctor in Winnipeg, probably Manitoba or maybe Canada. I'm glad I've moved to BC and don't have to deal with this waste of space and oxygen. If you cut 2 different fingers, he'll schedule you for 2 different appointments to treat each finger separately. With a "doctor" likes this, you better off not going, because the time will cure it better and faster than any of his diagnosis or treatments. Stay the the heck away from him. I wonder how many deaths he's responsible through his horrible medical practice.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. Peters has been my GP for about 2 years now because my doctor left MB. I have never been overly impressed by him. I like to joke and smile, even when I was diagnosed with MS I cracked jokes, but I get absolutely NOTHING in return. Don't think I've ever seen him crack a smile. But then I had it with him today when I took my son into the walk-in bc his regular dr is on holiday. My son has had a fever for almost 4 days now and has been complaining about a sore ear. I am sure it's the same infection that my daughter and multiple kids from her school have had. My son has sensory issues and was crying and cringing because he didn't want the doctor to look in his ears. Dr. Peters didn't even try to talk to my son to calm him down. I was pleading with him to help me. I was able to hold my son so he could have a look but he said "I'm not going to look at him if he's like his". He is a 6 year old that is scared... he did NOTHING to help. Told me to just keep giving him Tylenol... after 4 days of fevering just keep giving him Tylenol!!! I have seen other doctors with my kids at the walk-in and have been impressed. And the staff at Riverwood are great, especially Kathy. She helped me switch Dr's bc there is no way that I ever want to see Dr. Peters again.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Went in with questions about an injury that has been persisting and never healed. Said I should be seeing a doctor about it. I asked "isn't that you? Told me no, not him. Maybe go see a family doctor. Which I don't have, not did he provide me with any options. Horribly poor experience.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

i used dr. Peters 30 years ago when he was in Portage la Prairie. i had a open blisters covering 1/3 of my body for over 3months and he refused to refer me to a dermatologist, just kept prescribing creams and such. turns out i had celiacs disease and he couldn't or wouldn't even diagnose that. last i heard he was in trouble for dispensing drugs unethically or something 15 years ago.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Great Dr. I have been seeing him for a long time. He keeps me very healthy.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

ONE OF THE WORST GP'S AROUND IN THE WORLD! TOO OLD FOR THIS PROFESSION SEEMS LIKE A ZOMBIE AND RUDE TOO!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Not helpful and not approachable. Doesn't seem to take my health very seriously. Very quiet but he is not a rude man just not the most outgoing Doctor. I must say he is always available for appointments with very little wait times. Staff for the most part are okay, I've had the odd rude employee (maybe just a bad day?).

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Ok I suppose, but I only see him when I'm sick and Dr. Koh isn't around...

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Dr. Peters is a great physician , I have been his patient for 8 years. I will continue to see him as long as he practices medicine. He is a G.P. not a specialist and will not dispense pills just because you ask for them.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Very abrupt. No people skills. Diagnosed incorrectly as he does little to no testing. I do not feel compfortable around him. Brushed me off and I ended up in the ER. DO not see this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010