You may also like

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

I would no recommend this Dr. He is not helpful, my mom has been in constant pain with arthritis for a year, and immobile and he has only told her to take Tylenol, and never referred her to a good specialist.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

This little egomaniac is NOT TO BE TRUSTED with your health. He spreads himself way too thin (probably because no one will have him full time). He's never on time. Will only listen to one ailment at a time which is very inconvenient when you are ailing. He is just not worth going to. I have since switched doctors. Seriously, Dr. Gelfer would be very disappointed in his replacement.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

DR DODEK IS VERY PROESSIONAL AND WELL CONNECTED TO THE BEST SPECIALISTS IN VANCOUVER. UNDER HIS GUIDANCE I HAVE SEEN 6 SPECALITS IN 4 DIFFERENT AREAS OF MEDICINE. FROM HIP REPLACEMENTS TO HERNEAS AND OTHER PROCEDURES I HAVE BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OF.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Dr. Dokek is an exceptional general practioner. Reception staff are competent and professional and I rarely wait more than a few minutes past my appointment time to be taken in to a examination room. His manner is consistently pleasant and his knowledge excellent. He encourages the patient to take responsibility for their own health but on the other hand, seems to know exactly when a specialist is needed. It is interesting that all of the specialists that I have visited seem to know him and hold him in high regard.

Submitted February 18, 2014

My husband and I like Dr. Dodek very much. He is professional rather than trying to be a family friend. We appreciate his attention to what we say and his follow-up to our concerns. When we need an appointment his office responds with appropriate scheduling. We think he is thorough and knowledgable. He has caught a couple of very serious illnesses quickly for us.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

I've seen him only 3 or 4 times in the 8 years I've been registered with him and have found him every time to be totally impersonable, socially awkward and extremely hands-off, almost unwilling to to engage with his patients. When I returned to ask him for a repeat iron/blood test, he asked me why I thought my iron levels would be low!! What?! Does he know nothing about women. When I had an ear infection he took a look, confirmed it was blocked, and then sent me away to deal with it myself. I try to get a female locum doctor whenever possible as they have all been excellent.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

had to take my mother in today to see dr dodek...nobody there at city square..they have moved..they did not even notify her..went to the address posted on door ..real inconvience ..asked staff why she was not told of new address,since they just talked to her 4 days ago...i said that it was unprofessional and that they should have told her... lucky i took her in ,and that she did not go by cab or handy-dart,she would have been stranded...she has agoraphobia is 82 years young and been a patient for 32 years ..she had Dr gelferd at first and everything was great..anyway cut to the chase, staff was rude inconsiderable ..Dr Dodek came out and was just as rude and matter of fact,and told my mother to get another DR. Can you believe this after 32 years, she got the boot .i left as soon as i could right after dr gelferd left.DR gelferd was the best ,honest and proffesional,really miss him..actually im glad my mom is out of there,and will get a good and caring dr

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I was a patient of Dr Gelfer for many years, so was saddened when he sold his practise. Meeting and getting to know a new Dr (no different for them either), takes some time. This has been time very well spent. Dr Dodek is very knowledgable, detailed and always reverts to the previous appointment to see how everything is going. He listens! His personality is quite different from Dr Gelfer; however, consider the variety of personalities he deals with in one day. I highly recommend Dr Dodek.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

Dr. Daniel Dodek's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I would never recommend anyone to see this doctor. I inherited him and under his care I received little to no help with anyone of my problems."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Terrible experience with this doctor. Saw him because my doctor was not availabe at the time as they do rotations at their office. Will never see him again!!"

February 7, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I would no recommend this Dr. He is not helpful, my mom has been in constant pain with arthritis for a year, and immobile and he has only told her to take Tylen..."

February 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This little egomaniac is NOT TO BE TRUSTED with your health. He spreads himself way too thin (probably because no one will have him full time). He's never on ..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "DR DODEK IS VERY PROESSIONAL AND WELL CONNECTED TO THE BEST SPECIALISTS IN VANCOUVER. UNDER HIS GUIDANCE I HAVE SEEN 6 SPECALITS IN 4 DIFFERENT AREAS OF MEDICIN..."

October 10, 2014