Ratings for Dr. Daniel Dodek

This is the first doctor I've encountered since I've moved to Vancouver who has made me feel like an idiot. I brought my son in because he had a nasty sounding cough, and he was young enough that I didn't want to risk him developing pneumonia. Dr. Dodek made me feel very stupid for bringing him in when there was *obviously* nothing wrong with him.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Dodek is particularly attentive towards his patients & their needs. He is intelligent, kind & an extremely good diagnostician. Dr. Dodek is selfless & effective in obtaining great medical care for patients: he doesn't hesitate in meeting with patients or finding the best substitute (this practice has many fine doctors) if his schedule is overbooked. Further, Dr. Dodek works afterhours on a patient's behalf; searching for the best solution to difficult issues. He uses his influence to speed appointments with specialists & for tests. Dr. Dodek is the family doctor that other doctors choose for their loved ones.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Some of the comments I have read about Dr. Dodek do Not reflect reality... I have been a patient for about 9 year and I cannot mention 1 time when he didn't take his time for a particular issue or question I ever asked. When needed he has referred me to the best specialist and I have always received the best care possible. I agree with some of the comments about the stuff but.. Every office clinic or public place will have one of those...

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I went in today. Of course Dr. Dodek was away once again. I honestly don't remember the last time I saw him. Maybe a year ago? Though the off chance that he is in, he's always pushing more pills and higher dosages. I'm disgusted that this man is even a doctor at all. His father was a much better Doctor. Sometimes you don't always inherit the skill set that our forefathers had. Oh and should I even begin with the staff? Firstly, way overstaffed and incompetent at caring for patients needs. City Square family practice, you aren't doing a good job. Thanks again dr idiot for making me feel yet again hopeless.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I have been a patient of his for many years, and have always been given the best advice from him. He empowers patients to take control over their own health and gives referrals easily as well as helps you when you need it. His manner is courteous and polite and I appreciate the periodic newsletters he sends out.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I am surprised at many of the comments below. I have received nothing but excellent care from Dr. Dodek. He is always on time and up to date on the latest medical treatments. I trust his advice and recommend him to everyone. He is a caring doc and provides great service and care to his patients

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I would never recommend anyone to see this doctor. I inherited him and under his care I received little to no help with anyone of my problems.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Terrible experience with this doctor. Saw him because my doctor was not availabe at the time as they do rotations at their office. Will never see him again!!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

I would no recommend this Dr. He is not helpful, my mom has been in constant pain with arthritis for a year, and immobile and he has only told her to take Tylenol, and never referred her to a good specialist.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

This little egomaniac is NOT TO BE TRUSTED with your health. He spreads himself way too thin (probably because no one will have him full time). He's never on time. Will only listen to one ailment at a time which is very inconvenient when you are ailing. He is just not worth going to. I have since switched doctors. Seriously, Dr. Gelfer would be very disappointed in his replacement.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015