Ratings for Dr. Marco N. Marsella

My wife was operated on by Dr. Marsella in March of 2016 for a meningioma wrapped around her pituitary and pressing on her optical nerve. The surgery was a great success. She had a tiny amount of vision issue (double vision) from the tumor pressing on the optical nerve so long, everything else was perfect. Not due to complications from the surgery. Dr. Marsella is one of the kindest, compassionate, knowledgeable, humble physicians we have ever met. I can't recommend him high enough. I don't care if I lived on the other side of the country, if he is in practice and I have a neuro issue brain or spine I will be flying out to see him wherever he is practicing. We did have an issue with the hospital. The hospital is fully covered under our health plan (Aetna). But the hospital contracts out for different care givers working in the hospital who are not covered under our plan. This is BS. We had to file appeals etc to get them finally covered. If the hospital is subcontracting work out for head nurses or on call physicians that should be billed to the hospital and the hospital which is covered bill out to the patient. How is a person in a covered hospital to know they are contracting to a non covered firm... Shame on you Abrazo. Thank you Dr. Marsella for proving there are still doctors who truly care about their patients above and beyond "procedural practices".

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Marsella is one of those Dr you pray to come across and find for your care. My wife was diagnosed with a meningioma earlier this year. We tried to setup an appointment at the other we'll known institute but their first appearance was 1 month out and then another 4 weeks for their staff to even review it. Dr Marsella was able to see my wife the next week after we called him for an appointment. He has pioneered NICO Brainpath here in AZ. Even more important is his words about his philosophy of care and protection of his patients. When he says do no harm, he lives by this philosophy, truly. He is a kind man, a very concerned person for your wellbeing at all times. I am so thankful we chose him over the other place we'll known here. We are truly truly thankful for you Dr Marsella. Jaime your office assistant is on top of everything you need. I can see why your office runs so smoothly. My wife walked away with zero deficit, when the potential was very high.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr. Marsella is an amazing Doctor! I would highly recommend him as a Doctor. His bedside manners are over a 100%.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Used Healthnet insurance. Dr. Marsella has a great straight forward approach and wonderful demeanor. I will recommend him for any neurosurgery! I had a disc fusion at C7-C6 prior to the operation I was losing muscle in my left are and had loss of feeling. Arm tingling/numbness and pain are gone after surgery! The hospital nurses loved him too and couldn't say enough about him and his brain tumor removal technique.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

Love this doctor...6 months of pain gone immediately after surgery!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012