Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Steingart

Fractured hand, reffered by doctor to see Dr. Steingart, phone confirmation that insurance is good, sent for exam and cast-upon arrival was told that insurance is pending approval, and i can not be seen. After i offerd to pay out of pocket, as this was an emergency obviously, was told to sit down and wait with xrays and results in hand. After 1/2 hour (they were probably still mulling over insurance approval, even as they do accept that insurance) was told that they will take me in thee days?!? Seriously, the staff clearly showed no interest in dealing with a broken hand, seen no emergency there, obviously was working off of a checklist, with no regard to patients. Hope you are not in a need to see these people, you will be disapointed for sure. Wish there was minus stars to give-stay away from this place.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Very good doctor. His humor and bed side manner is amazing. Was able to fit me in to his busy schedule and help me with my severe leg pain. My son and I go here and every time we leave the staff is always wishing us a great day and to be well. I would recommend Dr. Steingart for anyone who is needing an orthopedic doctor. RECOMMEND HIGHLY!!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

This is a second warning for the injured worker. Do NOT go to Dr. Steingart, Dr. Theiler, Dr. Lampart (from previous review). I was told by another orthopedic surgeon that he didn't know why but Dr. Steingart loves testifying in ICA hearings & that he wants to turn his practice into a workers comp practice. Not being a friend/spokesperson for the injured worker, one can only deduce the reason Dr. Steingart wants to turn his practice into a workers comp practice is due to the fact the insurance companies pay very well the doctors that are in their court. It is disgusting the number of doctors who role over - sell their medical degrees - for/to the insurance companies. So much for "causing no harm". Added warning: Dr. Steingart works with attorney Josh Nunez - if you have a workers comp case, stay clear of both of them! I gave Steingart - & his staff - the lowest rating possible because they work in tangent with each other. Dr. Steingart has no integrity. Therefore, anyone working for him also has no integrity. Money is nothing, when you have no soul

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr. Steingart takes various workers comp cases. So anyone being sent for a 2nd opinion by workers comp needs to be careful as Dr. Steingart tries to make you feel comfortable and make you feel like he will be fair and objective. However HE IS NOT. He used every medical report he could find to minimize injurys and in my case attribute my injurys to getting older and not related to work. Even though I was fine until I was hurt at work. Dr. Steingart is the insurance companies friend not the injured worked. How this carries over to his practice I do not know. But for workers comp case he is just as bad as Dr. Lampert. Dr. Steingart screwed me even better by saying I am not cleared to go back to work but cant work do to non work related issues. You've been warned. I rated his knowledge as a 5 as he knows how to hose a injured worker

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I have gone to many other doctors about my back pain. Dr. Steingart listened to me and discovered my problem was actually my hip! Thank you for a job well done.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Stein garter has done excellent work with me in the last 3 years with my knee, back, feet, neck, and if he ever has any questions, or needs 2nd opinions, they all will agree with him, because he is that good.other Dr's have to come to him.Thank you for all you have done Michael!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

stated in his report he performed tests he didn't even do.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

I have seen Dr. Steingart off and on for fifteen years and have the utmost confidence in him. He is very helpful in explaining what he feels the problem is and how it should be addressed. He spends sufficient time to make sure that I am satisfied and understand what he has done and what he wants me to do to improve my health. He is personable and i have full confidence in his knowledge and ability.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Jumped through hoops to get insurance approval for MRI but slapped a $100 leg brace on not covered by insurance and was charged $640 with no other options discussed during the visit and no accommodation for a cash price later when we found out. When trying to arrive at a cash price solution later, was threatened with being sent to collections so paid the entire $640. I believe it's unethical to not be aware of patients'' insurance as they deal with it everyday and we don't deal with it very often. Could have just has easily purchased the $100 leg brace outside the office as it was always way to big due to swelling initially and Dr Steingart indicated it didn't really do anything but was just a reminder. Could have gone with a much less expensive reminder if a discussion had occurred.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Dr. Steingart is knowledgeable but seems to have to look back at notes as to who I am and why I came to see him in the first place. Office staff is disconnected from one another. There is a lack of communication by far. I also have had numerous mistakes when it comes to scripts.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Dr. Michael A. Steingart's Credentials

• Fort Worth School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

GHI