You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Steingart

Dr. Steingart takes various workers comp cases. So anyone being sent for a 2nd opinion by workers comp needs to be careful as Dr. Steingart tries to make you feel comfortable and make you feel like he will be fair and objective. However HE IS NOT. He used every medical report he could find to minimize injurys and in my case attribute my injurys to getting older and not related to work. Even though I was fine until I was hurt at work. Dr. Steingart is the insurance companies friend not the injured worked. How this carries over to his practice I do not know. But for workers comp case he is just as bad as Dr. Lampert. Dr. Steingart screwed me even better by saying I am not cleared to go back to work but cant work do to non work related issues. You've been warned. I rated his knowledge as a 5 as he knows how to hose a injured worker

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Stein garter has done excellent work with me in the last 3 years with my knee, back, feet, neck, and if he ever has any questions, or needs 2nd opinions, they all will agree with him, because he is that good.other Dr's have to come to him.Thank you for all you have done Michael!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

stated in his report he performed tests he didn't even do.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

I have seen Dr. Steingart off and on for fifteen years and have the utmost confidence in him. He is very helpful in explaining what he feels the problem is and how it should be addressed. He spends sufficient time to make sure that I am satisfied and understand what he has done and what he wants me to do to improve my health. He is personable and i have full confidence in his knowledge and ability.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Jumped through hoops to get insurance approval for MRI but slapped a $100 leg brace on not covered by insurance and was charged $640 with no other options discussed during the visit and no accommodation for a cash price later when we found out. When trying to arrive at a cash price solution later, was threatened with being sent to collections so paid the entire $640. I believe it's unethical to not be aware of patients'' insurance as they deal with it everyday and we don't deal with it very often. Could have just has easily purchased the $100 leg brace outside the office as it was always way to big due to swelling initially and Dr Steingart indicated it didn't really do anything but was just a reminder. Could have gone with a much less expensive reminder if a discussion had occurred.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Dr. Steingart is knowledgeable but seems to have to look back at notes as to who I am and why I came to see him in the first place. Office staff is disconnected from one another. There is a lack of communication by far. I also have had numerous mistakes when it comes to scripts.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

While I find Dr . steingart to be a fine doctor unfortunately due to his staff I must find a new surgeon. After having numerous problems with his staff on scheduling today consisted of spending a combined total of 34 minutes between 2 calls to be told of their refill policy. After explaining I was not adking for a refill but that where they scheduled me to far out for my meds to last I was told they need 2 business days to process requests pretty hard to do when they don't provide the information until you've run out. Guess I don't need to sleep tonight shame on you.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Old time approach to medicine. Hevspend the time needed to explain everything. I would recommend him to my kids and my parents. Just a warm professional man. Answered every phone call in short order. He is in the business for the right reason the care of his patients not the cash. Very refreshing in today's environment.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

Dr. Michael A. Steingart's Credentials

• Fort Worth School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Steingart takes various workers comp cases. So anyone being sent for a 2nd opinion by workers comp needs to be careful as Dr. Steingart tries to make you f..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have gone to many other doctors about my back pain. Dr. Steingart listened to me and discovered my problem was actually my hip! Thank you for a job well done."

September 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Stein garter has done excellent work with me in the last 3 years with my knee, back, feet, neck, and if he ever has any questions, or needs 2nd opinions, they a..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "stated in his report he performed tests he didn't even do."

July 25, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr. Steingart off and on for fifteen years and have the utmost confidence in him. He is very helpful in explaining what he feels the problem is and..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Jumped through hoops to get insurance approval for MRI but slapped a $100 leg brace on not covered by insurance and was charged $640 with no other options discu..."

April 26, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Steingart is knowledgeable but seems to have to look back at notes as to who I am and why I came to see him in the first place. Office staff is disconnected..."

February 7, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=448920'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

February 5, 2014