Ratings for Dr. James W. Steiner

I've been a patient of Dr. Steiner's for over 15 years and was very happy until recently. My wife and I went to be tested for our thyroids and I wanted a testosterone test. His nurse (first young one I've seen there) spent most of the interview time talking about her foot problems. Later we received individual calls about our test results. For each of us, the only thing addressed was slightly high blood sugar, being told that we needed to be medicated for it. No mention of thyroid or testosterone. The blood test was non-fasting, which even I know is useless as an indicator of blood sugar levels. He also told my mother-in-law her B12 deficiency anemia was pernicious. Pernicious anemia is caused by the body's inability to absorb B12. Her deficiency may be due to her being vegetarian and simply not receiving enough B12 through her diet. It seems to me that he is slacking off and is not now the same doctor I used to go to.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

Dr. Steiner is wonderful, and his staff always gets me in to see him or one of his peers when I am sick at the last minute. His office is quite a drive from my house, but I am willing to make the drive. He prescribes standard medical treatments, as well as recommends alternative healthy treatments.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

Wonderful caring man. My whole family sees him and they all think he's the best! We are all able to see him quickly in an urgent situation. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

Dr. Steiner takes his time, answers your questions and treats you like you are his only patient. Excellent Choice!Very Knowlegable also!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2009

Dr. Steiner is one of the best physicians I've ever had. I've been going to him for nearly 15+ years. I was in so much pain on one of my visits, that he personally drove me to the ER. He does not rush you through. He takes his time with you & "listens".

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

Dr. James W. Steiner's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Amerigroup