Ratings for Dr. Michael Hibner

Dr. Hibner has been my surgeon for over 11 years and he is the best in his specialty. God has graced him with a mind, heart, and hands to help me live again. He is an amazing dr and surgeon who will always be respected by me. May God bless him always because he has healing hands.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Excellent knowledgeable surgeon. Truly cares about his patients . Did two complex surgeries for me that others wouldn't touch and some said was impossible . Restored my faith in drs after many yrs of no answers snd no relief. Highly worth the trip.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

I went through numerous physicians over several years who all patted me on the top of my head while telling me that women of a certain age tend to internalize emotional issues into phantom abdominal pain. Near suicide one finally sent me to Dr. Hibner. In my case what looked like a duck and quacked like a duck turned out to be a zebra. Dr. Hibner actually took the time to read my chart before our appointment and actually listened to me when I got there. Then he went hunting for the zebra and literally saved my life. I still have issues but they are in my abdomen, not in my head. Medicine might be as much art as it is science in which case Dr. Hibner is as much an artist a scientist. No wonder he has such a busy practice. Highly recommended and appreciated.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr. Hibner removed a complicated mesh removal. Yes it was a difficult recovery but after all the surgeries (by different docs) that was expected. Dr. Hibner listened to me & has a wonderful bedside manner. Best of all we think he got ALL the mesh. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I have stage 4 Endometriosis, among several other things. Before I found Dr. Hibner, I felt so lost, was rejected by dozens of doctors throughout Az for being high risk and I about gave up. After my first Appt with him, I left crying happy tears. He not only agreed to be my surgeon, he also was very thorough on what his plans were for surgery. I feel like I have the best surgical team, who all genuinely care. I can't believe people complain about his busy schedule, of course he's busy, he is one of the best! He is well worth the wait, he is very well educated, great bedside mannor and he takes the time to know your File.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

My wife has had to have multiple procedures to correct his mesh removal. the removal took over 8 hours with my wife hanging upside down and every doctor she has seen since says "he doesnt know what he did that would of took that long". i do not recommend him if you want mesh removed the first time.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Michael Hibner and his staff were WONDERFUL. Everyone was so kind and helpful. Dr. Hibner did an excellent job on my surgery. He scheduled my surgery within 2 days of seeing him for an appointment because my "case" was so severe. I was extremely nervous about the surgery and his entire team was very supportive and kept me calm. I spent the night in the hospital and the nurses were all so kind. The anesthesiologist even called me the day after surgery to see how I was doing!! Everyone genuinely cared about me. I am so thankful and great full of Hibner's Team!! Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Office staff is very nice. Physicians assistant Lisa needs to quit her job,you can tell she is sick of it and has very little sympathy left. The doctors are all surgery happy and thats all they recommend. I think that Dr. Hibner was really trying to help women at one point but is now just too busy to look past the interstitial cystitus program they tell each lady with bladder problems.Think twice before surgery here.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

Dr. Hibner is an okay doctor but he absolutely too busy. He does not spend adequate time with his patients. I only saw him for five minutes, once. Always was set up with the NP. They offered surgery as the my only option even after he already tried the SAME surgery & it failed. He has operated on me several times now & I will not do it anymore. Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly then expecting different results, well the this office is INANE. I told him I had endo, he told me I did not have it, then when he went in for a laporoscopy he found I was in a very late stage of Endo requiring almost 6 hours of surgery. It's sad that as a patient I had to tell him. After this I saw little to no improvement & new complications. I tried to get my surgery records & can not get them now! His office staff is rude & when I went there they told me they would fax them & they NEVER did. I tired to speak to him, he was "busy". His nurse was "busy" & my records gone. Nightmare.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2012

Dr. Hibner is the absolute best and although it did take almost 5 months to get in with him he was definitely worth the wait. He always puts the patient first and actually cares that you're in pain. I don't know what I would've done if I hadn't found him. I only wish his physician assistant Lisa was as compassionate as he is. She doesn't seem to "get it" like he does and be prepared because you end up seeing a lot of her. Everyone else there is great tho. I recommend you bring someone with you to your first appointment though because Hibner is full of information and it helps to have someone there to take notes on what he says because otherwise it can be sort of overwhelming. I strongly recommend him to anyone with severe pelvic pain.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr. Michael Hibner's Credentials

• Akademia Med W Warszawie, Warszawa, Poland (Grad. 1992)

Healthnet