Ratings for Dr. Susan R. Cortesi

Dr. Susan Cortesi made me feel like I mattered and was very thorough in explaining my diagnosis. She was very knowledgeable and professional in taking the time to answers my questions, and her analogy was easy to understand. Dr. Cortesi and her medical team took very good care of me, which felt like dealing with trusted family. Her bedside manners were awesome as well as her compassion to make me feel comfortable. I would truly recommend Dr. Susan Cortesi to anyone looking for not only a GREAT Doctor, but a GOOD DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr.Susan Cortesi explained everything I needed to know regarding my surgery. She researched every avenue available to provide me with the best care for my type of cancer. My first appointment with her was a work-in and spent over an hour with me. I told her I wanted my surgery yesterday(kinda kidding) and did all she could to accommodate me. Would I recommend Dr. Cortesi, absolutely. Here is an example of her commitment. On her way to a convention for a weekend, she still called me. Her assistant, Melissa, told me she would stay at the office until she had my insurance and check in straight before I checked into the hospital. Guess what, smooth sailing the next morning.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

I had a total mastctomy....Dr. Cortesi did a wonderful job....I had no pain at all....she was kind and compassionate. I would recommend her and know that she is a great surgeon. Her office staff is also excellent...

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Highly recommend Dr. Cortesi, she is the best.....

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Very knowledgable, caring surgeon. The staff went above and beyond to help. Excellent experience and doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

In September 2016, I needed surgery to repair a hernia. Dr. Cortesi was highly recommended by my primary care doc. I met with Dr. Cortesi to discuss my surgery and found her to be very caring and easy to talk to. She took plenty of time to discuss my surgical options and possible complications. Surgery was done as an outpatient, and I had no complications afterwards. Clearly, Dr. Cortesi is a skilled surgeon who truly cares about her patients- and she's a lot of fun to talk to!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Dr. Cortesi has my unqualified recommendation. She is a genius and, I think, a magician. She performed a left side open surgery inguinal hernia repair on me and, due to her professional skill and attention to detail, spared me the problems and complications I had previously experienced in surgery on the right side a year and a half earlier in another state. She knew my anxiety about this surgery about the catheter that I needed before and in consult with the anesthesiologist used a different narcotic in the anesthesia. The result was no need for a catheter. This alone would be sufficient for my recommendation. However, there is more. My discomfort was minimal and bruising around my groin non-existent. She is the best!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Recently had a hernia repair. Entire process handled very professionally with all appointments on time or even early. Surgery pain free and I am on road to recovery. Thanks Dr. Cortesi. I recommend her for your surgical needs.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I found Dr. Susan Cortesi to be a very competent, caring, confident surgeon. Her diagnosis was correct and her care and bedside manner were a welcome experience. She took all the time I needed to answer my questions and explain my condition and upcoming gallbladder and hernia repair surgery to my satisfaction. Her knowledge, confidence, and attention to her patients gave me great comfort from my first appoint with her , to my day of surgery, and follow up appointment. Dr. Cortesi is a surgeon I can comfortably recommend for anyone in need of a special surgeon and I would use Dr. Cortesi in any future surgical needs that could arise. Finally her office staff are experienced and her nurses and assistants are knowledgeable and caring as well.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Top notch Dr. and surgeon. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr. Susan R. Cortesi's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Delta Dental