Ratings for Dr. Matthew L. Holemon

I saw Dr. Holemon years ago for prenatal care. He had no interest in me as a patient or in my questions. He told me not to worry about infertility since he was the same age as me (37) & had 2 kids, which was very unprofessional & unsympathetic. He gave me no info re: my amnio. When I went into preterm labor at 5 months, his nurse didn't suggest that I come in for an exam. She called a perinatal dr., whose office supposedly said they couldn't see me for a week. She told me to just stay in bed for the week. I could have been having a miscarriage & she didn't care! I called the perinatal Dr. myself & got an appt. for the very next day. When my due date was a few days away on a Sat., I asked Dr. H. if he was on-call. He said that he was going away the next day & his partner, Dr. Foltz, whom I had NEVER met, would be delivering my baby. If I hadn't asked, Dr. H. wouldn't have bothered to tell me that he wouldn't be delivering my baby. Very cold, uncaring, unprofessional & impersonal!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

I love the office and the staff except one girl up front is very rude to me and to others in the office in front of patients. I don't think that is very professional at all. She talks to us like she knows everything and we are stupid. I am thinking of leaving the practice because of her. Not sure what her name is but she has curly hair. Very rude. The rest of the staff and Drs are amazing and if it were just them and I had no contact with this other girl, I would stay. If she was gone they would do better.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Dr. Holemon is very good about explaining procedures and answering your questions. He is very smart, polite and makes you feel very comfortable. I also like his nurse practitioner Gretchen. The only negative comment I can make is that certain office staff talk very loudly and somewhat rudely about the patients and you can overhear them in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

He is smart and really understands how women think. He is very reassuring and good at explaining things.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2008

Dr. Matthew L. Holemon's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)