Ratings for Dr. Peter Ingram

I have seen Dr Ingram for 15 years as my psychiatrist. When I first met him I was surprised to learn that he would be my psychiatrist for 15 years. He is an amazing Doctor and he always laughed at my funny stories. Or so I thought my stories are funny, maybe he was being polite. He was very sympathetic when I kept going to the hospital. He is very wise. He listened to me. I wish I could tell him how grateful and blessed that I had him as my psychiatrist I learned a lot about life and dealing with social anxiety. While I was his patient I lost 100 lbs in 7 months which was too fast. Under his care I was good at keeping my weight down. I miss him he was my favourite psychiatrist he really cared. I haven’t been in hospital for 10 years. But it took me some time to really stabilize. Dr Ingram wise guidance lead me to understanding how patience and being humble is very important. I miss our appointments when he would eat his lunch and I rambled about my boring life. I have so much respect for him. When I found out my appointments were over and he said I didn’t need a psychiatrist anymore and He closed my file and said I need to see my doctor for the medications. I miss those appointments where he gave me great advice and he listened to me. He taught me how to respect others and focus. I was so lost on the first appointment but when I had my last appointment with him I was sad because we won’t have anymore talks and no more stories. Most of all Dr. Ingram made me fight for what I believed in. By challenging me all the time. I miss you Dr. Ingram, your wisdom and your laughter. Thank you for letting me find myself and without your guidance and your thoughtfulness and patience. You have been one of the reasons why I want happiness over misery than just letting life consume me. Now I have a normal life and I pray that you have every blessing and don’t forget to believe in miracles Dr. Ingram because I believe in them and I believe in you! God Bless you Dr Ingram!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

I had been seeing Dr. Ingram for almost 2 decades. Near the end of my seeing him we would go for a walk and one time him looking for a new cell phone. I ended seeing him while I was on Lithium and it was the summer months. I asked him 3 times to check a level and he did not do it. I ended up in an ICU on dialysis round the clock for 5 days. My kidneys were damaged but am able to function with blood tests. I saw him when I got out of the hospital and when I saw him asked why he did not take a level as asked and he responded I only asked once. I believe at that point he was burned out.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Ingram for over 10 years. Amazing doc and amazing man. He helps you to help yourself. For those looking for a "magic pill" that will cure all... let me know when you find it! For the time being, I am very confident in Dr. Ingram's ability to treat my condition.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I completely agree with this statement!!! only thing good, on time. Everything else is a complete waste of life and time! Just writes down things, pauses, then looks out the window. What!? That's what I do when I'm depressed, that's the reason I went to see him. Seen this guy a hand full of times, and nothing, I leave wondering what to do next, who I can get professional advice from...unbelievable. No empathy, no suggestions, no medication, but plenty of writing things down, and looking out the window. Then just tells me that theres no needing me to come and see him...left me just as I came in, Lost. Absolutely horrible. Now I have to go through the process of looking for a new doctor that will assist me understanding my depression and anxiety. Thanks Doc, really did your job.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

The only thing good, on time. Everything else is a complete waste of life and time! Just writes down things, pauses, then looks out the window. What!? That's what I do when I'm depressed, that's the reason I went to see him. Seen this guy a hand full of times, and nothing, I leave wondering what to do next, who I can get professional advice from...unbelievable. No empathy, no suggestions, no medication, but plenty of writing things down, and looking out the window. Then just tells me that theres no needing me to come and see him...left me just as I came in, Lost. Absolutely horrible. Now I have to go through the process of looking for a new doctor that will assist me understanding my depression and anxiety. Thanks Doc, really did your job.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

I have been seeing Dr.Ingram for years and feel that I probally would not have the quality of life I have without his guidance and maintance of my meds. Nothing bad from me.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

We had two visits. I saw him ask the questions. But the end I had little to solve my problem. I did like him. I guess I have find my own way to fix me

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

Felt more depressed after seeing him. Told me he doesn't spend time in long discussions, and made hasty decisions based on little info. Found him to be robotical, lacking emotion.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

Tends to be a little tardy every so often(not alot),however his knowledge and skill are second to none.I would recommend Dr.Ingram to any one requiring specialized care.He has an excellent sense of humor,listens and has his patients well being first. I have been with Dr.Ingram for a very long time and have absolutely nothing negative to say. Registered users can respond to this rating

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

Dr. Ingram is very accessible, has a good understanding of physicatic issues and a wonderful sense of humour.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007