Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Shapiro

Excellent, caring physician who takes his time and provides a thorough exam. Kind demeanor, friendly office staff and so smart!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I was referred to Dr Shapiro by an anesthesiologist colleague of mine. However, the scheduler answering the phone was extremely rude, and refused to book even a consult for me especially after she found out I had Humana insurance! I told her we would be paying cash and she still couldn't wait to get rid of me! Bizarre.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Dr Shapiro discriminates against medicare patients. I could not get an appointment for an endoscopy before 2PM. I was told he does not accept medicare patients before this time. I am 80 years old and it would be very painful to fast for 14 hours. The staff are uncaring and almost rude. If you are an older patient on medicare do not go this doctor. He is a wonderful doctor and tops in his field. I only wish he has more sympathy for his patients!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Dr. Shapiro is treating me for Crohn's Disease. He made the diagnosis after I had been seeking help from other doctors for over a year for my abdominal pain, without a diagnosis. He is very, very thorough. Together with his P.A., who is a personable young woman, I've been prescribed a regimen of medication and vitamins/supplements to keep me healthy. I am very grateful to have him as my doctor. p.s. The staff is absolutely wonderful! Kind, polite, concerned, friendly.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

He is the best there is in his area of practice, and so are his staff. He is very busy because he is a great doctor! The man is a mountain of knowledge and experience. He is very diligent and a perfectionist. I was lucky to find out about him when I did. He has been my doctor for over 8 years and I know that if it was not for him, God knows, I might have been 6 foot under...

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Unfailingly tardy. Extraordinarily thorough and knowledgable. He gives you his undivided attention—always. I've had many procedures with him and I continue to trust him with my health and well-being.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Dr. Shapiro was thorough and personable. He gave me a medicine that helped me with abdominal pain that had gone undiagnosed and untreated for 8 months. I am very grateful!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

During an initial office visit with Dr. Shapiro you get the impression that he is very kind, professional, and knowledgeable. He asks an abundance of questions and orders numerous additional tests. You are sure that a doctor this thorough will quickly determine a diagnosis. Unfortunately Dr. Shapiro is very busy. Abnormal test results go unread for over a month. Trying to get a phone message to him proved to be very difficult. I'm not sure where the break-down in the office communication occured. If that's not bad enough the woman in his office treats the patients so poorly. She is rude, unprofessional and inept. Dr. Shapiro's area of interest seems to be Celiac Disease. You may get better care if that is your diagnosis. It wasn't mine, so I assume I became a very low priority in his practice.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Dr. Michael S. Shapiro's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1979)

Kaiser-Permanente