Ratings for Dr. Joseph David

My son was referred to Dr. David in Ahwatukee for ongoing gastric concerns and we needed to establish care in the area. Dr. David was attentive, kind, and very thorough. He took the time to familiarize himself with my son's condition prior to entering the room and then spent a good deal of time with us explaining my son's symptoms and discussing treatment options. He explained everything in a manner easy to understand and he made sure we were active participants in the decision making process. I finally feel like we have a home for digestive health. I would highly recommend Dr. David to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

I saw Dr. David at the Ahwatukee location for abdominal pain that I have been having for a few weeks. It's a small office - and that is what I was looking for to steer clear of the larger practices that treat you like your on an assembly line. First, the office staff was excellent. Very personable and was 100% attentive during the registration and paperwork. I was brought back and waited for 5 min and both the Dr. and staff were apologetic for "making we wait". I was surprised how quick it was to see the doctor. Dr. David was excellent, I came prepared with my long list of questions, but didn't need to ask because he was very thorough in the examination. He took extra time to get the history of my issue, and was very open to "discuss" my concerns and treatment options. I did not feel rushed, and confident in his approach and diagnosis. He also offered multiple follow up test options. (My experience was 100% different from some of the negative reviews below). After the appointment, he recommended a compound prescription and they handled the entire process of finding the right pharmacy, coordinating with them, and then I was provided the cost before so I could choose if I wanted the script. All within an hour after the appointment. I clearly would recommend Dr. David and will see him again for future treatment if needed.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

I have been having issues with my stomach for several years. Ive been in and out of emergency rooms for the past two years. They've taken tests but could never find out my issue, although they seen a cluster of lymph nodes in my abdomen. They told me to follow up with a specialist, so I scheduled an appointment with Az Digestive Health and was assigned to this doctor...big mistake. He took my vitals, pressed on my stomach, told me change my diet and lose weight and that was it! He didnt even bother to schedule any form of testing for me at all. I have better results with searching youtube and Google! I would not refer anyone to him. The emergency room doctors did more for me than he did. Complete waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Will never be back. Dr. David was condescending and 'fired' me as a patient because I had to have my colonoscopy elsewhere because my insurance does not pay for Propofol anesthesia and an anesthesiologist with his office. The doctor who did my colonoscopy is a colo-rectal surgeon, not a gastroenterologist, to there is no competition.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

He is more into doing colonoscopy and other endoscopies than anything else. I developed fever, chills, pains, etc after the colonoscopy, that makes me question his knowledge, skill and sanitary practices. Other gastroenterologists give you an option of colonoscopy with or without anesthesia like propofol. He did not. Researching on the internet, I found many people developed problems with propofol, etc. beside contamination.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Joseph is a great Dr and I have established a great rapore with him over the years. His Nurse is very efficient and professional too.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Dr. Joseph David is an absolutely wonderful gastroenterologist. He is thorough, knowledgeable and compassionate. I can not say enough good things about him. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009

Dr. David takes his job seriously. He has compassion and is professional and I could not say enough good things about his medical care. I feel very safe in his care because he takes his time and does not rush through his patients.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2009

Dr David took personal interest in my medical situation and demonstrated outstanding bedside skills. His personal and professional skills set the standard for excellent doctors.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

Dr. Joseph David's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)