Ratings for Dr. Shafqat Ahmed

Dr Ahmed failed to perform a standard procedure during surgery and my father died. As a result the hospital changed their protocols.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

Dr. Ahmed is a wonderful man and he has an excellent team. He was very careful to fully explain my problem and his proposed solution to me and my wife. The day of surgery, May 8th, was very long and he mentioned to my wife that what he did was about as complicated as it gets. The care I received in hospital, was exceptional. My recovery time was short and I have had no unexpected problems to date. So, my sincere thanks go to Dr. Ahmed and his team.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

It was biggest shock of my life, when I was told that I have enough complications to go for a Heart Surgery at Trillium Hospital Mississauga in the Mid-April 2018. Dr. Shafqat Ahmed, the God Sent Cardio Surgeon had a tough time convincing me why first of all I need to go for such surgery, though I was convinced already but preferred to deny the truth. The calm and compassionate way of explanation by Dr. Ahmed made me so confident and finally I had a successful surgery and got discharged after 5 days. Now recovering at home, I have no words to express myself and my family's gratitude and prayers for Dr. Ahmed and Team, whose devine hands and efforts made it so smooth and successful indeed. Also we are so grateful to Dr. Ahmed's assistant including Dr. Rashmi, the Nurse in ICU Mrs. Martina and all other staff in general who made us feel great being a Canadian with the Care and support we experienced at Trillium during the 10 days there in April. May Almighty God shower Dr. Ahmed with best of his blessings and protection throughout Dr. Ahmed'a career/life.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Dr Ahmed saved my Uncles life with emergency surgery on his aortic dissection. He did a masterful job under unbelievably challenging circumstances and we couldn’t be more grateful to him and his team. Post surgery care has been amazing too — really can’t say enough nice things about this man and the incredible care we’ve received. Huge thank you to Dr Ahmed and the amazing team at Trillium.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Myself and Entire family will be extremely grateful rest of our life to Dr. Shafqat Ahmed and his team for the planning and execution of my very unexpected heart surgery at the Trillium Hospital in Mississauga on 20th of April, 2018. Recovering faster, I can not wait any further to express my gratitude to Dr. Ahmed. We can never forget the God send face of Dr. Ahmed who not only convinced me with lot of patience, why I should go for it, but also helped us to understand the advantage of going with the best possible medical remedy for my complicated heart problems. May Almighty God shower Dr. Ahmed and his family the best of his blessings and protection which will keep Dr. Ahmed healthy and happy to help many more needy patients in future as well. I do not have more words to thank Dr. Ahmed from deep of my heart. My family was so touched, when Dr. Ahmed, came himself after surgery to console my family and shared the details of successful surgery. Apart from his divine skills, it shows how caring he is as a human as well. once again God Bless you Dr. Shafqat Ahmed. You are a real HERO.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

My core hearted and sincere prayers for Dr Shafqat Ahmed and his team to plan and execute my 5 × graftings by pass Surgery on 09 March 2018. Almighty Allah / God has blessed this Surgeon ,Dr Ashfaq Ahmed with HIS special divinity. I experienced absolutly painless by pass surgery , Alhumdulillah . I would always be obliged to Dr Ahmed .

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

I had triple bypass in July 2017. Dr Ahmed was my surgeon. I have him to thank for my 2nd life indeed. He was so kind & caring. He treated me like a person and not like a number. He also treated all the nurses at Trillium Hospital the same, with respect! His staff at his office were all kind also. It also helps that he is very good looking! Thank you Dr Ahmed

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

In Sept. of 2013 my husband had quintuple bypass surgery due to blocked arteries. He did not have a heart attack thankfully and only went to our family Dr. when he didn't feel quite right cutting the grass. He was sent for a stress test and the results from that were not good. He was immediately sent to the hospital where he thought they were only going to put in stents. However they discovered that he had complete blockage in some arteries and almost complete blockage in others. He did not come home from that, but was admitted to the cardiac ICU in Brampton where he waited for a few days to have cardiac surgery at Trillium. Under Dr. Ahmed's skillful and knowledgeable care, it was determined that he needed quintuple and not just triple bypass surgery. Surgery went well, however a couple of days after coming home, my husband's operation site opened up. With no thanks to his office staff who tried to play Dr. and told me that he couldn't be seen for a week, and my insistence that he needed to be seen immediately, he did get an appointment to see Dr. Ahmed at his day clinic where he attended to patients during his lunch break. As it turned out, my husband's body does not dissolve stitches well and so infection was starting. Dr. Ahmed told me that if I hadn't insisted on the appointment and had waited the week, that he would have had to perform the operation all over again. He said that I had done the right thing in being persistent. This happened again and again with Dr. Ahmed's care. This very busy surgeon takes the time to ask not only how the patient is doing, but also the welfare of the patient's family. I can not say enough positive comments about this wonderful man. Thanks to him, my husband is alive and doing everything he used to.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

This doctor has a great reputation but not as good please call or contact people rather than checking internet sites.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

after a BEATING HEART triple bypass DUE TO A 95%, 85% and 70% blockage, operation was completed within 2 hours I am told. I feel great, physically I am back to bike riding, and weight lifting , equal to my pre angina attack which took place 30 months ago. A POSITIVE ATTITUDE THROUGH RECOVERY IS ESSENTIAL for a continued healthy life. What dr. Ahmed and his team gave me was an extension to life. I am 78 this year and plan to be around for at least another 22 years or more. AGAIN ALL THIS IS POSSIBLE, THANKS TO DR. AHMED AND HIS TEAM. drive safe BOB.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018