Ratings for Dr. Stephen Hanet

I've been a patient of Dr Hanet's for 37 years. He delivered me, my brother and my daughter. He definitely doesn't rush into making referrals and providing treatments unless totally necessary, but I don't view this a negative. I will be sad when he retires. He's like family at this point.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Dr. Hanet is down to earth, very knowledgeable, professional and caring doctor. He was and still is my mothers doctor and delivered all three of her children, myself included. Dr. Hanet was amazing during my pregnancy when I would go in for visits and he also delivered my son. I would be sad to see him retire and hope that day does not come anytime soon.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Amazing Doctor. Don't know what other people are saying negative things. Fantastic with depression and all aspects of health. Very caring and humane. He looked after me for my kids born 2001 and 2009. I had csection both times. Though he didn't do the surgeries, he was present and visited me everyday if I was okay. Thank you Dr. Hanet

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Helpful and knowledgeable doctor. Takes interest in patients' concerns.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

My doctor did not read the letter sent to him by the doctor (specialist) he sent me to. He was unable to get me an appointment with a surgeon when it was desperately required. He dared me to find my own surgeon. He told me not to come in anymore when the pain got bad and suggested that I should go to an emergency room and not tell them he said this. Due to his incompetance, I had to find my own surgeon and by the time his office got around to sending the referral paperwork it was too late. I had surgery but nothing changed.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Hanet for 7 years. I would say the past 5 years when I go in it seems as if he is rushed and doesn't want to be there, most issues are chocked up to eh it's nothing don't worry about it.There is little to no explanation of anything. It seems as if he has no interest in my concerns. Also after telling him my son had the chicken pox 3 separate times (because everytime he brished it off) he almost gave him the vaccine for it - the only reason why he didn't is just before he was about to stick him with the needle I asked what the needles were for. (he didn't tell me before he was about to stick him and he seemed annoyed I was asking what he was about to inject into my child) overall I only go to him if I absolutely have to and I'm on this site to find a new doc.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Excellent manners and knowledge and courtesy, a no nonsense doctor who cares about his pateints

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

What I like about Dr. Hanet is that he doesn't push drugs and tests. However, if he sees you are concerned he will refer. I think he is a great doctor, great for kids as well. My not be the most empathetic doctor, but makes up for it in knowledge.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

Good with kids...not so good with adults. I was under Dr. Hanet's care through my pregnancies; found him to be a good obstetrician & my kids really like him. He is great for minor issues probably not appropriate for any medical isues to do with mental health (depression,mood disorders etc...). Its almost as if it makes him uncomfortable. He can be dismissive but has a 'dont fix what isn't broken' philosophy that I appreciate at times.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Dr. Hanet delivered me, and I've been seeing him off and on ever since, for the last 27 years. He is a caring doctor, and if he seems rushed it is because the clinic is too busy.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009