Ratings for Dr. Stephen Hanet

I've been going to Dr Hanet for 25 years. I agree with those who say he's a bit old school in his manner — ie pretty no-nonsensen — but he's kind and and alwaus responds if you express concern. I also like that he's not inclined to just write you a prescription and send you on your way.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

arrorgnt dissmisive should not be allowed to hold peoples lives jn his hands go away

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Time to retire Stephen S. I had a very negative experience with him, found him to be arrogant and insensitive. It's unfortunate that his ego gets in the way of doing his job. The internet has given the public a resource for health information backed up by studies and scholarly papers. Doctors are not the "gods" of medicine they used to be. Stephen S. is having a tough time letting go of his godhood. Don't let the door hit you on the posterior when you leave doc. You've overstayed your use.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr Hanet's for 37 years. He delivered me, my brother and my daughter. He definitely doesn't rush into making referrals and providing treatments unless totally necessary, but I don't view this a negative. I will be sad when he retires. He's like family at this point.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Dr. Hanet is down to earth, very knowledgeable, professional and caring doctor. He was and still is my mothers doctor and delivered all three of her children, myself included. Dr. Hanet was amazing during my pregnancy when I would go in for visits and he also delivered my son. I would be sad to see him retire and hope that day does not come anytime soon.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Amazing Doctor. Don't know what other people are saying negative things. Fantastic with depression and all aspects of health. Very caring and humane. He looked after me for my kids born 2001 and 2009. I had csection both times. Though he didn't do the surgeries, he was present and visited me everyday if I was okay. Thank you Dr. Hanet

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Helpful and knowledgeable doctor. Takes interest in patients' concerns.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

My doctor did not read the letter sent to him by the doctor (specialist) he sent me to. He was unable to get me an appointment with a surgeon when it was desperately required. He dared me to find my own surgeon. He told me not to come in anymore when the pain got bad and suggested that I should go to an emergency room and not tell them he said this. Due to his incompetance, I had to find my own surgeon and by the time his office got around to sending the referral paperwork it was too late. I had surgery but nothing changed.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Hanet for 7 years. I would say the past 5 years when I go in it seems as if he is rushed and doesn't want to be there, most issues are chocked up to eh it's nothing don't worry about it.There is little to no explanation of anything. It seems as if he has no interest in my concerns. Also after telling him my son had the chicken pox 3 separate times (because everytime he brished it off) he almost gave him the vaccine for it - the only reason why he didn't is just before he was about to stick him with the needle I asked what the needles were for. (he didn't tell me before he was about to stick him and he seemed annoyed I was asking what he was about to inject into my child) overall I only go to him if I absolutely have to and I'm on this site to find a new doc.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Excellent manners and knowledge and courtesy, a no nonsense doctor who cares about his pateints

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010