Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Poinsette

Mr. Poinsette should be just that! He has terrible bedside manner. I went in for a kidney infection so bad my urine was the color of tea and I was in horrible pain. The pain was so bad I was completely nauseas. I had gone to the ER two nights before and wasn't feeling any better, I have a history of kidney infections that are resilient to the first line antibiotics, so I thought I better follow up with my primary care. We had just moved and I had only seen him once before for a physics all and he seemed ok. But the day I went in sick and in pain, was ridiculous. When he came into the room I explained what was going on and he said, "so what do you want from me" and he gave me this look as if to say "why are you bothering me". I explained again that I was in a severe amount of pain and I wasn't sure if the antibiotics were working since it had been a few days. Then he gave me a look like "Yeah right". I have never felt so offended and embarrassed, he treated me like I was some junky looking go score. The fact is a good doctor has to be able to treat sick people also not just yearly exams. If he isn't able to identify patients that are truly in pain and in need of medical care he has no business being a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

Dr.Poinsette is very kind and cares about his patients....I have had to wait a little past my appointment times rerely but that is to be expected at times as all patient needs vary.....I am very pleased with Dr. Poinsette.................

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

My family has been seeing Dr. Poinsette for over three years now. My kids really like him and I find him to be very professional and concerned. Our waits are never very excessive when we visit and we generally get in fairly quickly. He relates very well to my children and seems to genuinely care about them. You can tell he has kids of his own. His advice is always practical and easy to understand. And he is always open to questions or the need for clarification on instructions. Dr. Poinsette is a no-nonsense type and I appreciate that. He is concerned at getting us well and keeping us healthy, and he has a great wealth of knowledge to that effect. I have heard other stories of his success in diagnosing unusual medical issues, but since they're not mine I'll encourage those patients to post their stories here themselves. I can't imagine trusting my family to any other doctor and I will continue to see Dr. Poinsette, a true asset to Greenville's medical community.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

I have been seeing him for several years. Always helpful and discusses treatment options with me before deciding what to do. NOT just a "pill pusher."

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Poinsette for a few years. The First couple of years were great. Recently he seems to care less and less. It really feels like he just isn't listening or paying attention to what I am saying. They seem to be more interested in getting people in and out and collecting the $$ then actually trying to help.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2008

We started seeing Dr. Poinsette when we moved here 4 years ago. We were not happy with with his bedside manner or his appearance of medical knowledge, but we didn't go anywhere else because we didn't have references for a better doctor. Last week my 2 boys had check-ups but becuase of the holiday rush, it completely slipped my mind. When the office called to tell me that I missed the appointments, I appologized prufusely and tried to reschedule. But first, they told me that we would be charged $60 for a missed appointment fee. So I asked them to please understand the circumstances and waive the fee since we have been regular patients and had not missed other appointments. But they would not waive the fee, even when I told them that our family of 5 would leave the practice. In the end, the office manager made it very clear to me that "policy" was much more importanat to them and Dr Poinsetter than we were--his patients. I don't know about the rest of you, but for us, it spoke VOLUMES.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2008

Dr Poinsette is nice, but he can also be very cocky. I see Dr Poinsette as a Dr with potential if you can get him to lay down his pride long enough to listen to you rather than spending so much time listening to himself.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

Very punctual-actually saw me early! Great bedside manner. Took time to talk. Would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2007

hhhhmmmmm. Not sure yet......

flag | Submitted December 5, 2006

Dr. Michael J. Poinsette's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)