Ratings for Dr. Jim Langridge

This doctor does not treat people as human beings. (unless they are the young nurses working for him) He made me feel like i was imposing on his busy day. I asked multiple questions because i have never had this type of injury and did not know the right course of action. He gave me very short answers and was very rude when answering. I hope he realizes at some point that it does not take anymore effort to be kind than it does to be rude.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

The most uncaring doctor I have ever seen. Turns his back to you when you tell him how you are suffering. Says "There is nothing I can do." Gives minimal information in response to questioning. Said he had sent a referral to a surgeon, but I just found out he started writing it several weeks before, but never finished writing it and never sent it.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Langridge has no politeness to deal with people. He does not let you speak up your problems.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I went in for muscle issues and pain in my leg. He was quick to suggest an X-Ray showing lumbar spine issues, my vertebraes seem to be rubbing together and pinching nerves, causing damage . He took a large series of labs, ordered an MRI and I am scheduled for a three week follow up. All of this my initial family dr missed. I am happy with how knowledgeable and how quick he was to pinpoint my issues and start the process of diagnosis. We are uncertain as to why I am having issues and the test results will show more. Treatment with him is dependent on the diagnosis. Which hopefully won't be too long-term to find out.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Langridge has been my doctor for 11 years. I was referred to him by a walk-in after a work injury to my low spine. The walk-in missed the herniated disc symptoms but Dr. Langridge quickly figured this out and recommended the proper treatment and helped me recover. After re injuring myself even worse, he was there to help me through spinal surgery and a recovery process that has taken over a decade. He is a wonderful, kind, intelligent doctor who genuinely cares about his patients. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a caring doctor that is extremely knowledgable. I have nothing but positive things to say about this man, great person!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I was Dr.Langridge's patient through the Pan Am Clinic. I was very impressed by his fast and accurate diagnosis with my torn tricep. He managed to arrange for a MRI for the same day and called me back personally the following day and arranged surgery for later on in the week. I don't see such prompt responses from medical personnels very often and am impressed by the general efficiency of his staff. Thanks to Dr. Langridge's quick action i am now looking forward to my recovery.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

Initial triage is organized and efficienct wiht personable service. Then he arrived after reading Xrays, spent less than 1 minute testing my ankle, and passed me two pieces of paper, one for crutches and one for an aircast with no explanation as to what they were for, where to get them, how to use them, or a timeline for use. I felt like I was conveyor processed. The follow up was the same. When I insisted my ankle was unstable and chronic after dozens of rolls, he grudging ordered an MRI and informed me it would take monthes. After perscribing physio, he took the physio's indepth report but did not look at it. I've moved onto another dr for my ankle.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Despite the agonizing pain I was in, Dr. Langridge based his examination of my shoulder pain, solely on an x-ray on which he missed a fracture. When I tried to explain to him that I didn't think I could use crutches, (as I had a broken ankle as well), he scoffed and said "well I don't know what else you are going to use", (I thought a walker might be more appropriate given the pain I was in). When I tried to explain to him that I would like a note to be off work as it was hard to drive with this pain, and get into work from the parking lot, he gave me a note to be off half a day, which was of no use at all. When I returned to see him several weeks later to get MRI results, which showed a fracture, he laughed it off...no apologies for not listening to me, or for misdiagnosing me. I think he should be aware of the Apology Act states saying one is sorry is not admission of liability so for any physician, there is no harm in admitting your were wrong. It is simply the decent thing to do.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Doctor langridge is very professional and knows his business well. He was the first doctor in 6 years to examine me and requested an X-ray to determines required both hips replaced. Prescribed a anti inflamitory to help with the pain and referral to a surgeon. Very good doctor

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

Brutal doctor. He ignored a note from another doctor strongly recommending for me to have an MRI of my lumbar region to check for a herniated disc. He didn't know which discs were the problem (the other doctor did), and he was extremely rude with an attitude problem. Instead he did a useless x-ray and prescribed physiotherapy (why wouldn't he? It's private charging at the Pan Am Clinic). He also ignored that I had severe muscle spasms in my back for FOUR HOURS convulsing in the waiting room (triage severity nurses, hello, is there a proper order for a patient convulsing in a wheel chair?) I find it hard to believe that as a taxpayer I fund his salary (or those of the nurses at the Pan Am Clinic for putting me at the back of the line).

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011