Ratings for Dr. Bruce Schneider

I saw Dr B. Schneider at HVMA in Chestnut Hill to go over the result of a pelvic UT. I got stuck with him b/c my personal OB didn't have any availability. When he came in the room, he asked what can I help u with? so I told him I was here to discuss the UT I got a few days earlier. So he went and got it, he told me it looks like your ovarian cyst got bigger, you should have surgery to take it out, I have an opening in 2 weeks...I said I need to discuss it with my husband first...then he asked do u have kids or planning on having any? (btw I'm 35 yrs old). I said no I have no plans, then he says well since ur not using those organs for anything when u come for ur pre-op apptmnt we should talk about a hysterectomy u know taking everything out....I was speechless, that Dr was so rude and insensitive...never again. I spoke to my OB, the day after and told her all about it, she was also speechless.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Dr Schneider delivered three out of four of my children. I wish I had found him when i was expecting my first one. He was very informative and I have never had a problem with any of his decisions. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

I am a first time mom-to-be. I love the midwives at Harvard Vanguard West Roxbury, but Dr Schneider falls short of my expectations. At my last appointment he told me I am the wrong amount of weeks along, and he told me I have gained an amount of weight less than my midwife told my last month. Also, I did not receive appropriate answers to my medical questions. I left with the same knowledge I had before the appointment.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

Awful! During one of my exams, it was discovered that I had fibroids. At the time, I didn't know much about what fibroids were. He instantly suggested that I should get a HYSTERECTOMY!! No other alternatives were suggested. Are you kidding? After I cried my eyes out in his office, I left in a daze! However, thank God I got a second opinion at Beth-Israel, Dr. Gomez-Carrion. She was appalled that Dr. Schneider suggested a hysterectomy. Needless to say, I had surgery and all is well! BEWARE!!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

Great OB/GYN. Saw him for two pregnancies. Very nice manner, very informative and thorough.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2008

Has anyone else had him and what did you think

flag | Submitted December 5, 2006

Dr. Bruce Schneider's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Oxford