Ratings for Dr. Amir Arain

Although I think he is a perfectly knowledgable doctor, I will say that he does not have a very friendly/caring demeanor. He spends most of the appointment typing things into the computer rather that talking to you.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

Unbelievably bad. Rude, abrupt and careless. He called me the wrong name during office visit, and didn't believe me when I corrected him(!) until finally a nurse told him he had the wrong chart. I had a complex partial seizure right in front of him during an office visit and he didn't recognize it as a seizure! Repeatedly asked if I had been sexually abused as a child (I had not)and appeared not to believe me when I said no. Weird. During hospitalized 4 day video-EEG monitoring, my records were mixed with another patient's. His report had fact errors and self-contradictions. Misdiagnosed me with conversion disorder (psychogenic non-epileptic seizures); did not prescribe epilepsy treatment. Few months later, my seizures began increasing from about 1 every month or two to about 3/week--I was terribly ill. Finally got to see a good neuro, was properly diagnosed, prescribed 2 anti-seizure meds, rapidly improved, and seizures now well-controlled. Probably the worst MD I ever met. Beware.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

Has the attitude of my way or the highway. Very abrupt, careless bedside manner. A very non-caring attitude.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2009

Dr. Amir Arain's Credentials

• Dow Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1994)

The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America