Ratings for Dr. Louis Van Rooyen

Is always very late for appointments. He also prescribes medication quickly before seeking other solutions or looking for the root of the problem first. I feel rushed when I’m there and that I’m not getting his full attention. His staff aren’t the friendliest either. Whenever I call to make an appointment I’m put in hold for ages. The waiting room is grubby and run down. I’ve since left to a different doctor who keeps up to date on women’s health and uses medication as a last resort.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2019

Dr. VR was my family doctor for 15 years. Since he moved into his new office tho you can never get a hold of his receptionist. They simply don't answer the phone. You can't leave a message and they won't call you back. His receptionist is abrasive and quite rude and unprofessional. She also dresses like she is working at the farmer's market - not a professional medical office. I waited 1.5 hrs to see him last time and he had 4 minutes with me. For 3 of the minutes he complained about how much his rent was and how many patients he has to see to pay that rent and how much more money he makes at the hospital. Frankly, I don't care about the amount of his rent - I didn't go see him to hear about his money problems. I have since found a new family Doctor and am quite happy with my new physician. I know several other people who used to see him as their physician and they too have left for other doctors. Dr. VR is a good doctor but he seems to be consumed with financial issues and doesn't appear to be too concerned about his patients leaving his practice.

Submitted April 12, 2019

I had dr vanrooyen for many years. But dont see him anymore. Found out from family members. My condition was told to a member of my family without my knowledge. I was shocked this had happened. Haven't been back since. But as dr vanrooyen. Was the doctor who act found out what was wrong with me. I would act like to go back to him. But not sure if this would be allowed.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2019

Dr. Van Rooyen has been our family physician since we moved to Winnipeg over 5 years ago. He's always been professional, very knowledgeable and helpful. He's straight forward bu at the same time sensitive to his patients. Very accommodating and friendly.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

never an issue, great helpful doctor, friendly caring. doctors always run late. its not them, its the patients that do take time. like the last person, take a breath. never had an issue with staff.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr Van Rouyen is a good doctor. He is friendly, but to the point and has a realistic approach to his medicine. I am not the best at talking about the things going wrong with me, but I feel no judgement from him and in my serious time of need he was right there to help.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Dr Van Rooyen is knowledgeable, listens and has very good judgment except for the staff especially the reception who are not friendly. The more you get sick because of the unfriendly manner that they show to patients.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr. Van Rooyen has been our family doctor for about 5 years now. Very accommodating. Always willing to listen and give advice.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Very good doctor listen to what your complaints are and then deals with them . Never had a problem with him or his staff

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Dr. Van Rooyen is by far the BEST doctor I have ever met. He prescribes and examines with great knowledge and confidence, you can just perceive his vast expertise when assesing the matter. He is also extremely empathetic and friendly and truly listens to you not disregarding you or disbiliving any of your claims. Thank you Dr. Van Rooyen for being a good Doctor! Blessings

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016