Ratings for Dr. Diane Edgar

Dr. Edgar has been my OB for about 15 years. She is attentive, insightful, and progressive. I go in prepared with any concerns and she replies to each one. I have never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes. Be direct & to the point - doctors are stretched thin.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

I like her alot. She seems to listen and care about your overall health.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

I love dr Edgar! Sometimes she seems rushed - but I blame that more on the nature of our healthcare system that leaves dr's no choice but to have a ton of appointments in a day. She is very thorough, honest and straight forward. Maybe not everyone likes that approach - but I would rather her tell me the truth! She has performed surgery as well as other procedures and done an excellent job. My ob before her recommended Dr Edgar because she knew I would end up needing surgery and said Dr Edgar was the best.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Dr. Edgar is very much into genetic testing as well as traditional "Western medical" thinking such as the flu shot. I ended up leaving her part-way through my pregnancy b/c I felt very unheard by her regarding my feelings and concerns. Although I think she is likely a competent Doctor, I would NOT recommend her as an OB to a woman who wants a more personalized, friendly experience. Also, the wait time at the appointments was always very long.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2010

Dr. Edgar was the OB on-call the night that I went into labor with my second child (my regular OB-- with whom I am very happy-- is one of her partners). I called in the very early AM and told her that I was in labor and had strong, painful, regular contractions that were 2-3 minutes apart. She told me that I wasn't necessarily in labor and that I might want to "wait it out" at home for a while. HELLO? This was my SECOND baby and I could hardly walk I was in so much pain. I knew with 100% certainty that I was in labor and was aghast at her behavior. She was incredibly unprofessional. I took a deep breath and told her I was in a lot of pain and wanted to come to the hospital. She then begrudgingly consented. I had the baby 3 hours later! I saw her for a total of about 5 minutes at the hospital. She had a very poor bedside manner. A resident did the delivery because Dr. Edgar was busy with a scheduled C-section at that time. I would recommend AVOIDING this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2008

Dr. Edgar delivered my first child and also removed some ovarian polyps. She was great! Hands down one of the best OB/Gyn I've ever had. She was very knowledgeable and very personable.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Dr. Edgar was my caregiver during my first pregnancy. She was friendly enough, but my pregnancy was unnecessarily fraught with anxiety because of minor, normal variations being inflated into potential disasters waiting to happen. Saw her for five or ten minutes tops per appointment. Standard obstetrical care; I don't say that in a favorable sense.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2007

I had a very poor experience during same day surgery. In retrospect, I should have been admitted to the hospital for overnight observation but was discharged instead.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2007

I totally disagree with first rating. I love Dr. Edgar. She is honest and sometimes you hear things that are hard to hear, but I would rather in not be sugar coated. She is funny and tries to preoccupy your mind so you are not there thinking so much about what is happening. She just did surgery on me and was very attentive while I was being put under

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007

does not relate well to the patient.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2006

Dr. Diane Edgar's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)