Ratings for Dr. Thomas McKenzie

This man should lose his licence to practice medicine. He dismissed a friend's growth and it turns out it is cancer. Just disgusting.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Horrible experience. I tried to explain myself and all he kept saying was " This is a simple question", well my problem isn't that simple. Very rude. and will not be going back to see this "Doctor"

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Went in with a rash I assumed to be hives. He prescribed me heavy duty antibiotics saying that this was an internal infection from being in contact with something from the outdoors. I questioned this a few times, asking if they weren't just hives or allergies. Asked if there was a cream I could put on instead. In the end, I ended up persuading him to give me a prescription for topical cream. He wrote both prescriptions stressing that I needed the antibiotics. It turns out I just have an allergic reaction to poison ivy which is treatable at home because it is so mild. I am so glad I didn't fill that prescription. I have terrible side effects from them and I don't think they should be given out so freely. I actually needed antihistamines instead. What was more creepy, was that he did not look me in the eyes when talking to me.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Awful experience. This Dr is very dismissive like others have already mentioned. Went to see him for a swollen joint that was painful. He did not listen to my concerns, brushed me off and did not recommend any treatment. Went to a Sports clinic Dr right after and I have a very bad sprain.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

This doctor was rude, he cuts you off and doesn't give you a chance to talk. He is very condescending. I wouldn't reccomend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

If its true you get what you pay for then I got nothing for our free health care. It seems like the Walk In that he works in puts first timers and easy patients in with him, the health care aides are careful who they put him with. I had a severe cycling injury, and was told that I would be the man I was in three days, seven years ago. I am still not the same. And no I wasn't after pain killers, and am still not on any. I received proper medical care from Doctors in Ontario when I returned there to help a terminally ill relative go in peace. I had seen him before that about 5 times, amoxicillin without any tests every time. Ever heard of superbugs? Anyone saying how smart this guy is, is either him, his family, or a complete idiot. In fact, a registered nurse, who I told my story to apologized on behalf of the entire medical community for my having to have dealt with him. He is a joke within his own industry.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

I only go to this clinic (a walk-in) when my regular doctor isn't available. Every time I go to this clinic he is the only doctor that is free - that should tell you something right there. I did not him helpful whatsoever. Now I have to wait to see my regular doctor after all. What a waste of time. Avoid him if you can!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

Very horrible experience. I don't go to a doctor very often, but when I do, I expect my concerns to be taken seriously and time taken to find the proper remedy. I do not expect to be rushed through, not listened too, argued with and rushed out in about 8 minutes time, only to be told to go see my own doctor. "Dr." Thomas McKenzie is a most rude and very unprofessional man. No bedside manner, and in too much of a rush to provide the services our tax dollars pay for. Avoid this horrible excuse for a doctor at all costs.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2009

When I couldn’t get into see my regular doctor, I went to see Dr. McKenzie because I had been coughing up mucus and felt myself coming down with a chest cold. Without even listening to my chest, he whipped out his prescription book and wrote me one. My chest cold did not improve, actually it became worse. When I went to my family doctor, he told me the antibiotic that was prescribed for me was not strong enough to penetrate the lungs. I was given a new prescription by my doctor. Unfortunately that evening, I took myself to the emergency room because I couldn’t breathe. The doctors in the ER treated me and told me to stay on the new medication I was prescribed. Had I originally went to my doctor and not Dr. McKenzie; I would have been on the proper treatment and not ended up in the emergency room. I will not be returning to see Dr. McKenzie.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Wow! A great family physician. An older doctor and obviously "old-school" ... in a good way. Spends time with you, is thorough and has a no-nonsense approach. Don't expect to have pills/prescriptions dished out haphazardly or just because you want them!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

Dr. Thomas McKenzie's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.