Ratings for Dr. James M. Leipzig

My husband had three back surgeries before going to Dr Leipzig. He was still having some problems but the neurosurgeon he went back to told him there was nothing more he could do for him. I'm a nurse on Lewis-Gale's orthopedic floor and I had worked with several of Dr Leipzig's patients and they always did well. So my husband finally listened to me and went to see him. Dr Leipzig knew immediately what the problem was and what he could do to help my husband. For the first time in 5 years my husband can stand up straight and is walking much better.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr. Leipzig knows his stuff!!!!!! He works miracles and really cares about his patients. His staff is great also.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2014

Went to see Dr. Leizig for headaches and neck pain due to a neck injury and he told me I had carpal tunnel in my hands and that was causing my neck pain - GO FIGURE!! Getting second opinion!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Dr. Leipzig is top notch. His staff is very caring and as the other reviews state is definitely no bull! He is up front and direct which I prefer in a surgeon, that's why he went to med school and I didn't. He did a surgery for me in 08/2010 am currently undergoing evaluation for another. He definitely cares.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

I have seen Dr. Leipzig for (3) lumbar surgeries over the past 10 or more years. The first was a laminectomy and the last was a lumbar fusion which was performed a year and a half ago. I also suffer from muscular dystrophy which resulted in significant weight gain due to limited mobility. Dr. Leipzig was very understanding, professional and caring. His staff is top notch and I feel I can call anytime with a problem and get a satisfactory response. What I think sets Dr. Leipzig apart from other MD's is the fact that he has a no-bull approach to his patients. He is to the point and only uses surgery as a last result after other modes of treatment have been unsuccessful, and then, only if surgery is warranted. If you follow his instructions you will recover adequately. If you don't follow his instructions, he will be stern with you but always remains professional and caring. As long as he is in practice, he will be my spine doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

very good bedside manner very understanding about pain does not presure you to have surgery like some spine docs highly reconmended

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

Dr. James M. Leipzig's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)