Ratings for Dr. Allan Micflikier

Dr Micflikier is the best of the best. Reading through the comments made by people who have zero knowledge of the medical system, and feel that medicine is customer service and that dr-patient hand-holding is required as part of good customer service, should give their heads a shake. Is a colonoscopy a pleasant experience? No. Is it surgery with a re overly time of days? No. Usually, if you experience "pain" after a colonoscopy, it's trapped gas, and what goes in, must come out. Are you entitled to long phone conversations about your issues with office staff? No. And that is not poor customer service. That is a busy office, with many patients, trying to make sure that the hundreds of people who are referred to him, are seen as quickly as possible. If you are genuinely sick, or about to find out that our have colon cancer, as I did, you will be eternally grateful that dr micflikier and his amazing-in-the-face-of-entitled-whiners staff, received your referral, fit you in, and found that cancer.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I had a colonoscopy March 31st. Dr. McFlikier was very professional and sensitive to my well being during the procedure. It was naturally a little uncomfortable at times but it was over quite quickly. Would recommend this Dr. to anyone needing this procedure.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I had a colonoscopy Mar. 15. Dr. Micflikier is professional and excellent, The procedure was very fast. The office staff are also very courteous and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I had my colonoscopy on Friday Feb 24th and can only say that I will NEVER EVER let him do another procedure on me...definitely under-sedated and moaning from pain. I have tried twice now to call his office and only get voicemail and no callbacks.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

My family doctor arranged for me to have a colonoscopy with Dr. Micflikier. I received the consult letter the day before the appointment which was pretty frustrating. I received the letter with the procedures instructions and date 3 days prior. When I called to inform them I had to re-schedule, I was told that I should have contacted them sooner and the letter had been sent out weeks before. Considering the rest of my mail was arriving on time, that this had happened before, and that many of these reviews show similar results, I'm pretty sure that was nonsense. I received a call today asking me to confirm my surgery next week, and the agreed upon date is a month from now. I was surprised and attempted to contest this and was told "I don't have a lot of time here". Perhaps they should not be calling people last minute on a Friday where it appears they've all left early for the weekend? I've been trying to call them back for an hour and a half, left voicemail etc, and nothing. Their hours show M-F 9 to 5 so that's pretty professional. Based on what I have read here, I'm pretty excited for a painful and unsedated colonoscopy. I'm sure it's going to feel wonderful.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I have had several colonoscopies with Dr. MicFlikier, slated at the hospital, not in his office. I have only dealt with his office over the phone and the women there is not very nice to speak with, very impatient. He does not have much bedside manner either. He did offer me more meds for pain the 1st time around with this procedure, which was nice. It is not a pleasant experience no matter what. The staff at t he Victoria Hospital were wonderful and attentive. I am screened every 5 years and my last referral to this doctor resulted in a wait period of 18 months from referral date to the appointment date of the procedure. It used to only take 6 months. The next time I think I will just see another doctor, as this put me a year past my 5 year interval

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

my husband had his first colonoscopy today by Dr. Mic flakier. Took 3 different nurses to insert sedation IV into his hand. Sedation unsuccessful. Painful procedure throughout. No explanation of procedure, words of encouragement or comfort re pain by Dr. or the two nurses assisting. Very uncomfortable and disappointing experience!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Mickflikier for about 20 years regarding my pancreatitis and have always found his staff to be helpful and kind.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

The staff here were rude and unprofessional. They mailed me a letter to notify me of a consultation with only 5 days notice. I called to cancel the appointment and reschedule, but when I called back for the reschedule, no one was answering the phone. The following Monday I called and someone finally decided to pick up the phone. They offered to reschedule my appointment either tomorrow, or in two months. I was less than pleased; because when I initially called to cancel they told me there were multiple dates available in the upcoming weeks. Their method of helping me find a suitable appointment time was to hang up on me. Sharon and Barb were two of the most unprofessional people I have ever had the displeasure of speaking with on the phone. I went to this website and saw all the complaints about being under sedated, or just poor customer service, and that was enough for me to ask my family doctor to refer me somewhere else. There should be a little more empathy given when you work at a medical desk; if you want to be rude and disengaged while sitting at a desk and answering phones, go work for some automated telephone service where you don't have to help people with their medical issues.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Had a colonoscopy by Mcflickier and it took me 4 days to recover. The whole procedure was extremely painful even though I was told it would be a breeze. I was given adavan under my tongue about 20 minutes before the procedure and they might as well have given me a candy as it did about the same amount of good. When the nurse told Mcflickier that I was not looking good he just continued on saying it wouldn't take long. He also misdiagnosed my mother inlaws Crohns condition several years ago leaving her in constant agony over that time as he said there was nothing worth looking into. She is on deaths doorstep today as a result.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016