Ratings for Dr. Allan Micflikier

My family doctor arranged for me to have a colonoscopy with Dr. Micflikier. I received the consult letter the day before the appointment which was pretty frustrating. I received the letter with the procedures instructions and date 3 days prior. When I called to inform them I had to re-schedule, I was told that I should have contacted them sooner and the letter had been sent out weeks before. Considering the rest of my mail was arriving on time, that this had happened before, and that many of these reviews show similar results, I'm pretty sure that was nonsense. I received a call today asking me to confirm my surgery next week, and the agreed upon date is a month from now. I was surprised and attempted to contest this and was told "I don't have a lot of time here". Perhaps they should not be calling people last minute on a Friday where it appears they've all left early for the weekend? I've been trying to call them back for an hour and a half, left voicemail etc, and nothing. Their hours show M-F 9 to 5 so that's pretty professional. Based on what I have read here, I'm pretty excited for a painful and unsedated colonoscopy. I'm sure it's going to feel wonderful.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I have had several colonoscopies with Dr. MicFlikier, slated at the hospital, not in his office. I have only dealt with his office over the phone and the women there is not very nice to speak with, very impatient. He does not have much bedside manner either. He did offer me more meds for pain the 1st time around with this procedure, which was nice. It is not a pleasant experience no matter what. The staff at t he Victoria Hospital were wonderful and attentive. I am screened every 5 years and my last referral to this doctor resulted in a wait period of 18 months from referral date to the appointment date of the procedure. It used to only take 6 months. The next time I think I will just see another doctor, as this put me a year past my 5 year interval

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

my husband had his first colonoscopy today by Dr. Mic flakier. Took 3 different nurses to insert sedation IV into his hand. Sedation unsuccessful. Painful procedure throughout. No explanation of procedure, words of encouragement or comfort re pain by Dr. or the two nurses assisting. Very uncomfortable and disappointing experience!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Mickflikier for about 20 years regarding my pancreatitis and have always found his staff to be helpful and kind.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

The staff here were rude and unprofessional. They mailed me a letter to notify me of a consultation with only 5 days notice. I called to cancel the appointment and reschedule, but when I called back for the reschedule, no one was answering the phone. The following Monday I called and someone finally decided to pick up the phone. They offered to reschedule my appointment either tomorrow, or in two months. I was less than pleased; because when I initially called to cancel they told me there were multiple dates available in the upcoming weeks. Their method of helping me find a suitable appointment time was to hang up on me. Sharon and Barb were two of the most unprofessional people I have ever had the displeasure of speaking with on the phone. I went to this website and saw all the complaints about being under sedated, or just poor customer service, and that was enough for me to ask my family doctor to refer me somewhere else. There should be a little more empathy given when you work at a medical desk; if you want to be rude and disengaged while sitting at a desk and answering phones, go work for some automated telephone service where you don't have to help people with their medical issues.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Had a colonoscopy by Mcflickier and it took me 4 days to recover. The whole procedure was extremely painful even though I was told it would be a breeze. I was given adavan under my tongue about 20 minutes before the procedure and they might as well have given me a candy as it did about the same amount of good. When the nurse told Mcflickier that I was not looking good he just continued on saying it wouldn't take long. He also misdiagnosed my mother inlaws Crohns condition several years ago leaving her in constant agony over that time as he said there was nothing worth looking into. She is on deaths doorstep today as a result.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

See someone else. I would never go back to this doctor again. I've had a colonoscopy since (with a different doctor) and it was a breeze compared to what this man put me through. He didn't wait for the sedative and I was definitely under-sedated. I just about jumped off the table from the pain. They had to stop and could not complete the scope.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr. Micflikier and his staff were wonderful. They made a very uncomfortable situation more bearable and were very understanding with our circumstances. Every question was answered with great detail and we would highly recommend them. As mentioned in other reviews the preparation was worse than the actual procedure. Dr. Micflikier came to the recovery room to explain his findings which was helpful to us.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Just had a colonoscopy today, it went about as well as it could have. Dr. Micflikier was very helpful and continuously asked if I had any questions, and always answered the ones I did. He is pleasant and removed a polyp that was found on the spot. The procedure itself and the day leading up to it is not very pleasant, but as far as the staff and the doctor, I am very appreciative of their work.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Had a colonoscopy this morning. Worse thing that has ever happened to me. The nurse told me the pre drink and fast was the worse part. I' m pretty sure she has never had the procedure done. They gave me an Advil and a sedative. Did absolutely NOTHING for the pain . It was excruciating. I was seconds from ripping off the finger clamp and leaving the TORTURE Room. I could barely walk out of there. The pressure was right under my chest .. Severe cramping . I will never have this done again. Because the Dr knew I was shutting down from the pain and I couldn't even open my eyes.. He repeated I think three times that now I wouldn't need to do a stool sample for 5 yrs because it would just muddy the waters??? The guy leaving before me said OMG three times as He was getting his coat... I should have ran out then. Gas and air have been released so I feel OK now but Dr Trust is at an all time low.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016