You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Allan Micflikier

Had a colonoscopy this morning. Worse thing that has ever happened to me. The nurse told me the pre drink and fast was the worse part. I' m pretty sure she has never had the procedure done. They gave me an Advil and a sedative. Did absolutely NOTHING for the pain . It was excruciating. I was seconds from ripping off the finger clamp and leaving the TORTURE Room. I could barely walk out of there. The pressure was right under my chest .. Severe cramping . I will never have this done again. Because the Dr knew I was shutting down from the pain and I couldn't even open my eyes.. He repeated I think three times that now I wouldn't need to do a stool sample for 5 yrs because it would just muddy the waters??? The guy leaving before me said OMG three times as He was getting his coat... I should have ran out then. Gas and air have been released so I feel OK now but Dr Trust is at an all time low.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Had an endoscopy procedure done this morning and I have to say Dr. Mc Flicker without a doubt is truly the best gastroenterologist we have in Winnipeg. I Feel very fortunate that we have access to such an expert in his field. For those of you that are nervous and scared of the scope down your throat please don't be. I have read lots of stories on the Internet and YouTube and my procedure was nothing like what I had read or heard about. I had no sedation and no throat numbing and I was perfectly fine. The test is uncomfortable for sure but you are with an expert that not only is he quack three minutes but he is an expert and explains absolutely everything that you may experience. Very reassuring fantastic bedside manners and I hope he never retires LOL. For all the years he has put in and been an expert in his field, I hope that he has been acknowledged and appreciated for everything that he does . Thank you for his wonderful staff as well but more portly I want to thank him !

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I've had three colonoscopies by Dr. Micflikier. That last one I had so much sedation that I slept for an hour and the nurse kept trying to wake me up. Kept throwing up on the way home too. I gather it was from the sedation too. Other than that I wouldn't think of having it done in his office.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I didn't learn about this site until recently, but I had a colonoscopy by Mr Micflikier in Oct 2013. It was the worst and most painful experience I've ever had in my life. It was done in the clinic room so I was not put under for it. The nurse told me that the inside of the colon has no pain receptors so it shouldn't be too bad. She said it would feel like I had gas. Well, I don't know about everyone else, but my colon definitely has pain receptors. Everytime he pushed air into & distended my colon, it was pure agony. I screamed through the entire procedure. It was by far the most agonizing procedure I've ever had. I've read more recent comments about this doctor and perhaps he's gotten a better bedside and practicing manner since 2013...I sure hope so for his patient's sake. But he was not interested in discussing what was wrong with me, which turned out to be Irritable Bowel and then pumped my colon up like a ballon. I can't speak for what he's like now, but in 2013, he was the worst doctor that I've ever had.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Wonderful staff...while not a great procedure to have done at any time. I can honestly say that the only bad experience was the inability to find a vein for my sedation. Didn't remember a thing following and have had this done numerous times. Thanks so much for finding a diagnosis and subsequent treatment.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

This guy is really good and knows what he is doing. Had a colonoscopy with him today and it was absolutely painless. The nurse knew it was my first visit so she reassured me about everhthing. She even held my hand throughout the entire procedure. Dr mcflickier was super friendly and even during the process we talked about a school trip to Europe that I have in a few months. Really. Couldn't ask for more. Very good experience indeed.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

The procedure was uncomfortable to say the least, but the doctor was very nice and donna was a sweetheart who held my hand and coached me through it. If you have to go through a gastroscopy then this is the place to go.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I just had a colonoscopy done yesterday in his office. I stressed over this for 4 months after being told I would not be put under for the procedure. Everyone says make sure they knock you out! Well I went and I was given a T3 and an Ativan to help calm my nerves. Unfortunately they were so punctual that the meds didn't have time to kick in. The woman who gave me the meds quickly walked me thru the procedure and stated there would be no pain. I'm assuming she has never had this done. I had never met the Dr. but he was nice as was his nurse. He explained what he was doing and did advise there would be some discomfort due to the gas they put in the colon. 80% of the procedure was pretty uncomfortable (like gassy stomach pains) and about 20% was very painful (enough that I screamed and cried). Luckily it didn't last long. They did their best to make me comfortable. I was checked in and checked out in about 35 min. Would I do it this way again??? Maybe. I feel fine today and the pain is a distant memory. Luckily I have a healthy colon and won't have to have this done again anytime soon!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Dr. Mcflikier gave me a new lease on life. He cured my ulcer 20 years ago, one that I had been suffering with for almost 20 years, since I was a teenager. Previous physicians prescribed medication but never a cure. Within seconds of taking the scope down the throat, he diagnosed my illness and, after a two week pill program, I was cured. I have been 100% ever since. I don't think I can ever thank you enough, Dr. Mcflikier.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Not very informative, kind of tried to rush. They do not use a sedatives, out of touch with modern practices. Make sure you do your homework and find someone whom practices modern techniques unless you're into feeling everything. I would not recommend going here unless you want some old school medicine and to feel and remember everything. Do your research and find someone who is up to date and uses modern sedatives instead of tylenol and avatar.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Allan Micflikier's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Had a colonoscopy this morning. Worse thing that has ever happened to me. The nurse told me the pre drink and fast was the worse part. I' m pretty sure she has ..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " Had an endoscopy procedure done this morning and I have to say Dr. Mc Flicker without a doubt is truly the best gastroenterologist we have in Winnipeg. I Fee..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I've had three colonoscopies by Dr. Micflikier. That last one I had so much sedation that I slept for an hour and the nurse kept trying to wake me up. Kept th..."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I didn't learn about this site until recently, but I had a colonoscopy by Mr Micflikier in Oct 2013. It was the worst and most painful experience I've ever had..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful staff...while not a great procedure to have done at any time. I can honestly say that the only bad experience was the inability to find a vein for my ..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This guy is really good and knows what he is doing. Had a colonoscopy with him today and it was absolutely painless. The nurse knew it was my first visit so she..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The procedure was uncomfortable to say the least, but the doctor was very nice and donna was a sweetheart who held my hand and coached me through it. If you hav..."

June 25, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "R2C0" to "R3C 1R4". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 203 Edmonton St". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12049427703".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I just had a colonoscopy done yesterday in his office. I stressed over this for 4 months after being told I would not be put under for the procedure. Everyone ..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mcflikier gave me a new lease on life. He cured my ulcer 20 years ago, one that I had been suffering with for almost 20 years, since I was a teenager. Pr..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Not very informative, kind of tried to rush. They do not use a sedatives, out of touch with modern practices. Make sure you do your homework and find someone w..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor! He listens. He explains. He gives options and suggestions. His nurse Barb is amazing!!! For anyone who reads these ratings and panics over th..."

October 14, 2014