You may also like

Rate Dr. Allan Micflikier

Dr. Allan Micflikier's Ratings

Wonderful staff...while not a great procedure to have done at any time. I can honestly say that the only bad experience was the inability to find a vein for my sedation. Didn't remember a thing following and have had this done numerous times. Thanks so much for finding a diagnosis and subsequent treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2854188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

This guy is really good and knows what he is doing. Had a colonoscopy with him today and it was absolutely painless. The nurse knew it was my first visit so she reassured me about everhthing. She even held my hand throughout the entire procedure. Dr mcflickier was super friendly and even during the process we talked about a school trip to Europe that I have in a few months. Really. Couldn't ask for more. Very good experience indeed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

The procedure was uncomfortable to say the least, but the doctor was very nice and donna was a sweetheart who held my hand and coached me through it. If you have to go through a gastroscopy then this is the place to go.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I just had a colonoscopy done yesterday in his office. I stressed over this for 4 months after being told I would not be put under for the procedure. Everyone says make sure they knock you out! Well I went and I was given a T3 and an Ativan to help calm my nerves. Unfortunately they were so punctual that the meds didn't have time to kick in. The woman who gave me the meds quickly walked me thru the procedure and stated there would be no pain. I'm assuming she has never had this done. I had never met the Dr. but he was nice as was his nurse. He explained what he was doing and did advise there would be some discomfort due to the gas they put in the colon. 80% of the procedure was pretty uncomfortable (like gassy stomach pains) and about 20% was very painful (enough that I screamed and cried). Luckily it didn't last long. They did their best to make me comfortable. I was checked in and checked out in about 35 min. Would I do it this way again??? Maybe. I feel fine today and the pain is a distant memory. Luckily I have a healthy colon and won't have to have this done again anytime soon!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2795035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Dr. Mcflikier gave me a new lease on life. He cured my ulcer 20 years ago, one that I had been suffering with for almost 20 years, since I was a teenager. Previous physicians prescribed medication but never a cure. Within seconds of taking the scope down the throat, he diagnosed my illness and, after a two week pill program, I was cured. I have been 100% ever since. I don't think I can ever thank you enough, Dr. Mcflikier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780447].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Not very informative, kind of tried to rush. They do not use a sedatives, out of touch with modern practices. Make sure you do your homework and find someone whom practices modern techniques unless you're into feeling everything. I would not recommend going here unless you want some old school medicine and to feel and remember everything. Do your research and find someone who is up to date and uses modern sedatives instead of tylenol and avatar.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2624102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Great doctor! He listens. He explains. He gives options and suggestions. His nurse Barb is amazing!!! For anyone who reads these ratings and panics over the "no sedation" comments...read on. You can wait 6 months or longer to get into the hospital for a colonoscopy, if that is what you want...or, you can pay the tray fee, have it done in his office (I was given Atavan and T3's I think) and get your results and get on with your life! I have had 3 colonoscopies in his office. Sure, they aren't exactly something you sign up for just because you WANT one, but for goodness sakes people...how are you surprised that you weren't knocked out for the procedure? Take some responsibility for your own care and ask questions ahead of time! MicFlickier is a great doctor! I am very happy with my care from him and the staff. I definitely recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2576532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr. Micflikier is a wonderful GI doctor. I had had a horrible experience with a colonoscopy 10 years (with a different doctor) prior and was very nervous about having another one. He assured me that he would make sure I was comfortable and he was indeed true to his word. The whole procedure was a breeze. He didn't make me feel rushed in the office consult beforehand either. I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Benn my GI man for 30 years. Cannot say enough good things about him and Barb, the one who "runs him".:) He is current to the minute in his field, patient, caring and never rushes me. All my friends say the same about him, at least those that are lucky enough to get an appt!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2012

I have been having stomach issues for nearly three years now. I saw Micflickier about a year ago now. He couldn't be bothered to understand my symptoms, was too rushed to hear me speak and continually cut me off, he also couldn't be bothered to do an abdominal exam to locate the pain. All this with a patient who was surviving off smoothies with little solid foods due to pain. a year later and my symptoms are far worse. I'd have more than just two hospital visits if they could actually do anything for me (the first thing I was asked was if I'd seen a GI); the pain has gotten so severe I'm only surviving thanks to Cesamet (synthetic THC); before Cesamet I was not only vomiting nearly nightly but the vomit was orange; I started vomiting recognizable food up to 9 hours after eating it; the list goes on. But according to Micflickier I'm fine and I was wasting his time. I'm having to see a different GI now that my symptoms have escalated, when he could have taken care of this a year ago ?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1853833].votes_count ]]