Ratings for Dr. John Pefanis

Dr Pefanis has been my family dr for a longtime. He is very helpful and always take the time to give you his best care. The staff is always helpful and friendly. Thank you for all that you do! Keep up the good work.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr. Pefanis is a great doctor and person. He Has a vast amount of knowledge and is well connected with some of the top physicians in the region. I have nothing but good things to say about him and his abilities. I believe he is concerned with over medicating and sometimes will ask that we do nothing and return in a few days if the problem persists. This occasion happened twice to which back fired once or over the years as we felt the symptoms coming and recognized them since we had strep throat previously and wanted to catch it before it got worse and went in for antibiocs but was turned away. The other time it wasn't what we thought and we were fine. All things considered when you need the good doctor to take care of the problem with your health in any many you can count on him to recognize the issue(s) and take action. He can recognized serious health concerns and has saved lives because of it. I would definitely recommend this doctor and his team to anyone and can see why he is considered one of the best in the area.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Undoubtedly rate Dr. Pefanis with high scores all around. He has taken care of the health of our family including the birth of our two children. He and the Centre for Family Medicine are always punctual, courteous and professional. All the reason why we highly respect and support the fact that it is a "learning practice" , meaning there are often med students there during our visits (and we're always asked upon arrival if it's OK that the student joins us). And, there have been pressing times where we've needed to schedule an appointment where Dr. Pefanis isn't on-site, but we're able to see on of his colleagues and/or after-hours, on-call doctor. The service is of utmost importance. Dr. Pefanis is also very empathetic and understanding to questions and diagnosing situations. And, there have been instances where we have differing opinions, but he doesn't push nor does he dismiss perspectives in a mutually respectful way. Our family is truly fortunate to have Dr. Pefanis and his team.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Dr. Pefanis is smart, but every time I go to him for a health concern, I always leave dissatisfied. I sense he judges the heath concern I have and makes it seem it's not a big deal. He doesn't listen and always tells me to ignore the health concern and when I do, it always comes back and I end up making another appointment. If he listens and actually cares, I wouldn't be upset with this service. He has been my doctor since I was a kid, and lately, I am not happy with his overall medical advice.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr. Pefanis is the best family doctor in KW! His knowledge, kindness and genuine care for his patients is unparalleled!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Best family doctor..been my doctor for many years and is always going the extra mile to help me

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

He has been my family doctor for years and I never had a single problem with him. He listens to his patients. He shows a lot of empathy. And he is always ready to answer any question. In other words, a patient of him is first a human being, not a number.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

I rave about the fact that I have NEVER waited for an appointment. If the appointment is at 9:00 am, I'm in there by 9:02. He has been terrific for our family's needs, including the birth of our children, and all of our ongoing care. We feel lucky to have him as our physician and have been thrilled with all aspects of our care.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

He has been our family doctor for 10+ years. He has always been professional and kind. I feel his knowledge is stuck in what he has learned in medical school. I don't think he updates his education on current medical treatment. I usually walk out of my appointment feeling like I wasted my time even going. Nothing usually is done to try and resolve my concern.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. Pefanis is an amazing doctor. Always takes the time to listen, understand an explain all options. I work at a doctors office so feel so fortune to have an exceptional doctor after hearing many horror stories about other doctors in the area.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015