Ratings for Dr. Alan D. Johnson

Dr. Johnson takes time and listens. Explains everything so you can understand. I also like Dr. Johnson's nurse Susie. But, she seems like she is getting forgetful. They keep forgetting to record shots I have gotten there.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Dr Johnson is the best. Makes me feel calm, very comfortable cause I know I'm in good hands. His office staff is nice, and nurse Suzie is great. :) Rarely do you find a doctor and staff that treat you so personally.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

I will start my saying that Dr. Johnson is a great doctor. He makes you feel very comfortable and explains everything very well. I will no longer be going to him though, as his staff is horrible. I had a colposcopy done to see if I had precancerous cells on my cervix. They told me they would call me in a couple days to let me know what the results were. 2 weeks passed and I never heard anything, so I called only to find out I did and I needed to get a procedure done to remove them. The fact that they did not call me for something like this is ridiculous. To make matters worse, they did not answer my insurance company when they asked what the procedure was for. So, I now owe almost $1,000 because of their negligence. I've also called them about depression from my new birth control, which they never followed up to switch it for me until I called 2 weeks later. Please do not waste your time or money here. The staff will give you nothing but headaches.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Johnson since I was 18 years old. He was recommended to me by my best friend at that time. He delivered my boys and has seen me through so many female surgical issues. He is amazing. I trust him with my life. His staff has been with him since I started going and I adore them. I am going to be 47 now and I am so blessed he is willing to trust in our preventative measures and listen to you when you need to talk through things. He is the best out there. High integrity, High ethics.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Dr.Johnson is the best. When i first met Dr. Johnson i was having an emergency proceedure done and when i went in to get it done the front desk personal at the hospital said that they cannot do the proceedure w/out insurance,she called Dr. Johnson and he did not turn me away. He took care of me w/out hesitation. God Bless him.What doctor do you know that would do that? Especially now a days,as far as his staff,I like them, theyre not perfect but im there because of Dr. Johnson. He is good hearted and knows what hes doing. And for the record he is not biased or just about the money. HE IS A REAL DOCTOR. #1 IN MY BOOKS

flag | Submitted November 23, 2012

I would agree with those who used Dr. Johnson for a long time that he is caring and knowledgeable and makes you feel at ease about difficult situations. I have been with him 9 years with several situations. He'll tell you what he knows, which is a lot. But if he doesnt know, he'll tell you that too. Great quality for a doctor, he is a very humble, caring person, and smart!!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

I was with Dr. Johnson for 10 years. He is an excellent doctor. Very friendly, caring, knowledgeable, and great bedside manner. That is the only reason I went to him for that long. As for his staff - Rude, condescending, argumentative, lying, entirely too comfortable in their positions. In my opinion Dr. Johnson should re-train his current staff or hire new staff members with a higher level of interpersonal skills.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I have been going to Alan for the last 25 years and I have never meet a Dr. with such great caring and great bedside maner. When I first saw him was when I was 3.5 months pregant and having complications. My own Dr would not return my calls because it was a Holiday weekend. He did not even know me and meet me at the Hospital and took care of me. He had to perform a DNC but he held my hand, wipe my tears and stayed with me when he had to give me the bad news. My daughters now see him and I would highly recomend him to any woman, regardless of their age or needs. He is "THE BEST"!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

Dr. Johnson has been my Dr. for 18 and delivered all 3 of my children. With each pregnancy, I developed more and more complications. With his knowledge, expertise and great bedside manner, he made me feel at ease and always answered my questions day or night. I have since gone through menopause and he still shows his knowledge, expertise and great bedside manner. Dr. Johnson always makes you feel like you are his only patient. As far as his staff goes, they are GREAT!!!!!!!!All of his staff has been with him for 11-30 years. That must say something about the Dr. I would highly recommend Dr. Alan Johnson to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

I have been with Dr. Johnson for 23 years through 4 children and many gyn issues. He has always made me feel as though I am his only patient and always is eager to hear about the family. He has a few staff members that have been with him longer, this is a good indication to me of a good doctor and I feel I can call him a friend.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

Dr. Alan D. Johnson's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Top Hospitals in Hoffman Estates, IL