Ratings for Dr. Gregory Polyakov

Very friendly & helpful front end staff. Dr. P was also very friendly, taking the time to sit, shake hands & introduce himself. He explained the entire procedure before proceeding, then explained the follow-up after care. He was very gentle with the procedure itself, and I was 'MUCH' more compfortable with the 'uncompfortable procedure' than a few years before with his predecessor. I'm very happy with my care so far, after two treatments.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

impossible to contact his office cant even leave a message for 2 days his answering machine picked up and was full and has been for 2 days now but other then that he is awesome

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I was worried After reading all the comments, I had my first visit with Dr Polyakov When I forest seen him walking around my first impression of him was not good but I thought ok I will wait and see , it was my turn and very punctual,I sat in the room and he came in He was very nice ,he greeted me ,examined me and was very gentle.and gave me options I really like his bedside manner , he does not smile so looks are deceiving Even said have a great day and thank you on my way out

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Uncaring and aggressive. Talked down to me and made my problem worse. If someone might have an anal fissure, why on earth would you rapidly shove your finger right in there? No consideration for pain or discomfort. I'd rather suffer at home than see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

His examination may be described as "violent". Suggestion was immediately to move to a major surgery rather than more thoughtful assessment of options.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Beware of this surgeon. He can do good work depending on the procedure but he's far too eager to do what may be unnecessary and drastic surgery. For instance: his solution to a suspicious polyp in my large bowel was to remove the entire colon. This is a drastic and quality of life altering procedure. (Even my GP was against removing the entire large bowel when she heard this. ) I went for a second opinion with a GI who removed the polyp Polyakov could not get out. If you are unsure about what seems to be a major surgery proposed by this doc, get a second opinion. I should add that he's very personable until you disagree with him. Then, well, not so much. His staff are a bit stern but OK, and he's generally on time.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

He perform a lapascropic surgery on my brother, pulled the whole vile duct and cut twice in beween the gallbladder. Rushed to emergency, doctors here in Victoria general can hardly describe what was done, they said it was a bloody mess inside his abdominal area with vile all over. This doctor is experimenting surgeries he is not trained for. To get a properly done surgery from this doctor is like winning the lottery. With all the bad scary reviews I had just read here, I am surprised why he is still repeatedly doing what is doing. I think those good reviews are just fake one made by his relatives and friends. This should not happen in country like Canada. A very simple procedure going wrong in a high tech country like Canada, even in the third world this never happen. All of us who got a problem with this doctor should group up and get a complain to the college of surgeon, to kick him out. We will sue him for sure.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Very nice doctor. Spend the time to explain and help . Very good with patients and families. He was highly recommended by nurses in Mount Saint Joseph hospital.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Hate him. He's no good. Got MRSA From a hernia operation

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Very straight forward Doctor , not too much for bedside manners but if you can overlook that his skills are top notch. I had my gallbladder removed Aug /2016 with minimal downtime , yes i was sore for the first week but didn't need any pain meds . I now 2 weeks later am able to eat anything and everything just like before this procedure. His skills are top notch , overlook the bedside manners because hes straight to the point without sugar coating anything .

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016