Ratings for Dr. Yen I. Lai

This is the worst money-faced doctor that I have ever encountered, period! I called on behalf of my wife to try to make an appointment as a new patient under Blue Shield PPO (her name was listed as a doctor under the medical plan). I was told that doctor Lai still accepts new patient, but my wife will have to call in herself to make the appointment. So I informed my wife to call in. She did but was told that an appointment for annual physical will have to be preceded by a "consultation" session at $195 that is NOT COVERED in any way by Blue Shield. WTF! I have never in my life thus far have encountered this kind of money-gouging arrangement from a purported doctor! What kind of stupid rule is this and does this make sense? Surely I welcome some enlightenment from the doctor! And being listed as a doctor under the insurance company's panel of doctors, you have the cheek to say that you do not accept the medical insurance coverage for such "consultation." This sounds too dubious enough for my wife to say good riddance to this kind of quack! I wouldn't want to entrust my wife's health to this kind of quack doctor with this kind of money gouging rules...... If Yelp has a minus five star rating, this person surely deserves it.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

She is a terrible Doctor. She tries to sell natural cure products instead of approved drugs and cause a lot of medical problems for personal gain.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

Dr. Lai is an excellent dr who is caring, knowledgeable, and is the best dr. I've ever had.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr. Yen I. Lai's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)