Ratings for Dr. Daniel C. Bates

I have come to trust Dr. Bates with my life! He is very intelligent and he takes time with you to explain everything. The only problem I had with his staff is billing. I am so sorry he has left the practice and would continue to see him if possible.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

All I needed was an exam and vaccine both times I've visited. The staff was unfriendly and I waited an hour at one visit and 45 minutes the second, and no one ever apologized for the wait. I was not even acknowledged when walking in the door, probably because of the glass separating the receptionists from the waiting room. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

My original Doctor was not available and rescheduled my appointment twice. I really needed some help this day so I saw Dr. Bates. After explaining my urgency to the nurse about the panic attacks and suicidal thoughts I was having due to the switch of medications (Paxil to Prozac). He told me to wait it out and that he couldn't help me with any anxiety meds. I walked in with tears and walked out with tears. His bed side manners are awful and his lack of concern also awful. I would never recommend him nor will I ever go back. I had to go to the emergency room to get help

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

I trust Dr Bates. He hasn't ever given me a reason not to.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

nothing good to say at all about patient's experience.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

My husband and I love Dr Bates. He is knowledgable and eager to assist. If we have an appt he's on time but if we walk in we have to smtimes wait a while...so what? He's super and recognizes what is important

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Dr. Bates misdiagnosed me. After the most excruciating and humiliating rectal exam, he told me I had a fissure when I actually had a perirectal abscess. He told me the reason I had fevers, fatigue, and weakness along with my rectal pain was strep. He gave me just enough antibiotics to make me better for about a week. I ended up in the ER with sepsis. He was more concerned with talking me into getting the HPV vaccine than he was with my actual problem at hand--which ended up being LIFE THREATENING!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2009

Dr. Daniel C. Bates's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)