Ratings for Dr. Suren Pathman

Dr. Pathman has been very good in my opinion. He never made an incorrect diagnosis and never hesitated in giving referals to family members as required whether the doctor was in Binghamton, Rochester or Buffalo. He spent time to listen to my concerns and always asked about the family.We recently moved to western NY and hopefully will be able to find a primamry care physician as good and caring as Doctor Pathman

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

Dr. Pathman is an ****. Everytime I visit he tells me i'm not in pain. He has yet to do any tests on me. After my long wait he always acts like he has something better to do than rushes me out. He is not the least bit friendly never seen the man smile. I changed my doctor after the last vist and i'm now recieving physical therapy and proper pain management for my back problems. I would not refer anyone to his office.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr. Pathman is an amazing Dr and an amazing person. He actually cares about you. I never had a Dr. that I actually liked to visit until him.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

I first met Dr Pathman when I had an emergency c-section with my daughter, he was there in the early am hours for me and my daughter and he has been there ever since when ever we needed him. I switched our whole family over to him. He is a great docter and I would reccommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

He is a nice guy. But overconfident and persistently gives wrong diagnosis. In my case, three times he made incorrect diagnosis and twice prescribed wrong medication without necessary tests. In one instance, his incorrect diagnosis delayed the my getting the correct treatment by eight months, which made the condition even worse. For some reason, he is quite averse to doing necessary tests to verify his diagnosis and goes by instinct. But more often than not, his instincts are WRONG. I wish I could have given him a better feedback, since he is really a decent person. But I honestly cannot. I am changing my primary doctor.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

Initially, we like Pathman A LOT because of his involvement and volunteer time in poorer nations. We thought what a great guy. Since then our thoughts have changed and after many years we are now switching drs. My adult son talked to Pathman about precautionary testing for STDs following college and Pathman made him feel stupid and refused to do any because he showed no symptoms. My husband's paternal grandmother died from colon cancer. My husband's father HAS colon cancer. His dad's oncologist said it was imperative that all of my husband's siblings get colonoscopys because of the inherent family history. Dr. Pathman refused to authorize one,because my husband was not yet 50. I called an inquired and was told the same thing. After my father-in-law's oncologist asked for third time if my husband (the only one of his 5 siblings who has not gotten a colonoscopy)had gotten one we are switchcing doctors. This guy doesn't LISTEN to his patients and it could cost them their lives. :(

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

He's better than most primary care physicians I've seen in the area. Can get appointments fairly easily. Staff is very professional and friendly.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2009

Dr. Pathman is a True Listener. Does not make judgements regarding what "he thinks" he hears or sees. Very open minded. He just truely Hears me and that seems to lead him to the Exact issue and how to treat me.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2008

Dr. Pathman is a nice guy. However, for my particular situation I didn't feel like he was very helpful or knowledgable. I think it's because most of the people I saw go in and out of his office during were elderly patients. The next time my child will see a pediatrician instead of a family practice doctor.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2006

Dr. Suren Pathman's Credentials

• North Colombo Private Med Coll, Ragama, Sri Lanka (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Johnson City, NY